Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: B National Western Cape

Oh ya and korrie won, warwick came second, and dirk came third.

WP B came first, Boland B came second and WP C came third
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Now that was a comprehensive and positive reply to any thread I have read. Thanks David for the effort. Well done Korrie...... I see you did Practooosh. Brilliant. Thanks again Dave
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Duuh no, that's why I asked. It was an invitational team... basically means their scores don't count. Louis De Jager told me about it before the event. That's why Im asking.
    Don't these people appear on the score sheets as invitational teams or individuals?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Don't these people appear on the score sheets as invitational teams or individuals?
    I think they do, but have ghost (or something) next to their names. Not sure, think Mark said something like that to me.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yes they appear on the score sheets marked as ghost

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

That's something different. A Ghost angler is someone who is brought in to make up numbers, but is not part of the competition. Like when there are not enough even numbers of anglers to have two per boat at the still waters.
    An invitational team is different. t is a team that is invited to compete unofficially. Such as Free State who did not qualify for the Nationals.
    Anyway, I got the full story , so thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtayl13 View Post
    Yes they appear on the score sheets marked as ghost
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

A ghost angler is also used on a river, where a beat will not be fished, due to the team not having an angler for that beat.
    If the beat is rested, compared to the other beads, it will not be fair/equal in terms of the other beats.
    So they provide a ghost angler to fish this beat, to try and keep all the beats equal, in terms of fishing pressure
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I just noticed some ghosts had fish numbers and points next to their name, so assumed they "competed" unofficially
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Sorry my mistake yes you are all right. Not sure what happened to freestate. I know there were a few people ghosting for EC because they didn't have enough anglers.

Why was Korrie in the B team? That's cherry picking, surely?��

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast