Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spring Grove Dam, Natal Midlands

Work in Zambia... live in Notties, KZN Midlands.

Its a stunning piece of water and has lots of potential at present no fishing or any water activity is allowed.
    A bonus for me is that the section of the Mooi at my place has cleared up and the water flow and temp is more consistent - similar to the Holsloot below Stettynskloof Dam.
    To answer your question its pretty much complete and nearly full you can see the dam wall in the background.
    http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/jc...l?t=1416322729
    "Ex Africa simper aliquid novi" - Pliny the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I was kind of shocked to learn that the Breede is now pretty devastated as a bass fishery. I remember catching great bass there around 15 years ago. Pretty sad what carp and barbel have done to the system.
    As per Mario's post about his father in law's father, i think you need to blame more than the carp and barbel. The amount of water that the farmers extract from that river, i am suprised the carp and barbel are ok.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Yep thats also my understanding. Any people that try fish are chased off the dam. Not sure what Dept of Water and Sanitation/Umgeni Water's long term plans are re access to the public. I'll ask as I'm up there this weekend on a friends farm in the Kamberg.

I'm going to try the little mooi and perhaps Troutbaggers if I've time and can escape the family!!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by JCD View Post
    Its a stunning piece of water and has lots of potential at present no fishing or any water activity is allowed.
    A bonus for me is that the section of the Mooi at my place has cleared up and the water flow and temp is more consistent - similar to the Holsloot below Stettynskloof Dam.
    To answer your question its pretty much complete and nearly full you can see the dam wall in the background.
    http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/jc...l?t=1416322729
    You must be a very happy man.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Guys, whats the latest on spring grove dam, still not open to the public?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2