Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Du Kloof Lodge Tench removal crew.

Sorry, will be working
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

How did this go? any feedback, or photos from the guys who were there.?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Default Tench Removal Project on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    How did this go? any feedback, or photos from the guys who were there.?
    The going was tough. Draining just one pond proved to be a difficult task. The shape and topography of the pond caused major problems due to short intake pipes on the pumps. We ran five of them for six hours and burned through a hell of a lot of fuel. We managed to empty 90% of the water from the first pond next to the entrance. There are literally thousands of Tench fry present that are too small to be netted effectively. There were sm bass and trout too. The biggest tench I saw was about 500g but they escape the net easily. The bigger ones basically "walked" out of the net while the trout were being relocated to the next pond. We called it a night at 10pm on the Friday and bunked in the parking lot. The equipment had to be guarded due to thieves roaming the grounds at night according too the lodge staff. A massive storm broke at 5am the following morning and I decided to can the operation. Of course, the sun came out 2 hours later.

tench.jpg

Images can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/garnet.prin...52814338296245
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 17-04-15 at 12:10 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2