Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haenertsburg

Default Haenertsburg

Some pics from a trip to Haenertsburg this weekend with Gijsbert Hoogendoorn and Herman Botes. Rivers were very low and fish were few but it was a great weekend away. Jason and Jen from the Full Moon Fly Shop in Haenertsburg were amazing hosts!

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

beautiful place, and great photography ... that moth is quite something!

Thanks for sharing
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Thank you Daryll for posting these wonderful pictures of the streams and fishing in Haenertsburg. This was my old stomping ground back in the 1970's and 1980's when I was a member of the HTA. Your photographs are very well made and bring back fond memories of special times spent in those same forests collecting wild mushrooms and stalking wild browns in the streams with my friend Aldo Rech and his marvellous father Elisio (who did so much to protect and develop trout fishing in the area). Very pleasing to see the area is still beautiful and producing good recreation for subsequent generations of fly anglers - and even a tackle shop now!!!
    The highest form of existence is play.

I was in Haenertsburg in Sept and stayed at Stanford Lodge. Nice dam with trout and good size bass.
    Went birdwatching in the forest and drove over quite a few rivers and saw a good number of trout.
    Did not fish as the rods was back at the lodge.
    Going back next year and will make sure the rods are in the car.
    Fish For The Future
    Please Catch And Release

That...
    looks...
    like...
    magic.

Thanks for sharing.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Pleasure guys, glad you enjoyed them

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

The photo's and the trip and the friend on the trip looks great - but that moth and the photo of it is truly amazing. Thanks for the report.

Moth is about hand sized - really beautiful!

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast