Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xplorer Rods and reels

Im using the tan and orange wf line,a realy good line,all my equipment is xplorer wader to flybox

Explorer rods are really good value for money and their backup service is fantastic.
    The reels however for me are not great and especially in the heavier ratings for bigger fish i find they have not lasted for me.
    For "line holders" for streams etc they are very well priced though.

Im using the "STX" range in a 6wt and a 7/9 wt,caught many catfish and huge carp on it,and it is still going strong,havnt tested it at saltwater yet

I did contact the dealer shortly after I noticed the prolem . Could not even be bothered to reply. Nobody gets the chance to humiliate me twice. Have reserected my very old Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I did contact the dealer shortly after I noticed the prolem . Could not even be bothered to reply. Nobody gets the chance to humiliate me twice. Have reserected my very old Hardy.
    Hard to believe, I've only had great service from the Explorer bunch. Had a new tip for my Guide 3wt in under a week.

Go directly to Explorer if you want it resolved. While there are some very good dealers, some dealers aren't interested in after sales service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thumbs up to that 1 andre

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Go directly to Explorer if you want it resolved. While there are some very good dealers, some dealers aren't interested in after sales service.
    I got hold of Keith Falconer at Explorer directly. Fantastic service.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12