Thread: Overseas fly tying shops

Default Overseas fly tying shops

I find it difficult to find materials locally.Most shops are out of stock or just dont have what im looking for.
    Its often frustrating contacting 3 or 4 shops to try find the materials you are searching for.

Can anyone here recommend a fly tying store overseas that they have dealt with,who have reasonable shipping rates?

Morne @ African Angler is a very good local option. For overseas (I haven't ordered in ages) there are many JS Fishing, AA Outfitters, Bob Marriots and a few more.

What materials are you looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    I find it difficult to find materials locally.Most shops are out of stock or just dont have what im looking for.
    Its often frustrating contacting 3 or 4 shops to try find the materials you are searching for.

Can anyone here recommend a fly tying store overseas that they have dealt with,who have reasonable shipping rates?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post

Remember, now, after the Christmas season, most shops inventories, will be very low.
    The shops are probably waiting for the new stock to arrive.
    Phone the shop, ask them when they expecting the new stock, and if you require something specific, maybe they can order with your current order.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I have never NOT been able to find what I am looking for locally ito tying stuff. Sure, you'd have to phone and ask around a few places (not all shops will carry the same stock and everything you might need at that stage) but I could find what I was looking for.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

local, as in you can drive there.....http://www.completeangler.co.za/site/default.asp

overseas, good selection and great service, i have not ordered online from them, but have been to shop a few?? times.....http://shop.urbanangler.com/store/pc/Fly-Tying-c12.htm

hope this helps.
    catch and release