Thread: New fly fisher from Bloemfontein

Default New fly fisher from Bloemfontein

Hi guys!

Im new to fly fishing!
    Hope to learn something from you guys!

About a year ago I came down with a quick fly fishing fever that lasted about 3 weeks so in that short time I just went to the shop and bought the first rod and reel I could get my hands on, anyway got home after the weekend I put the setup in my tackle storage wendy house for more than a year, mazeppa bay trips took the fever away lol.

Early this year the bug bit me again, so after some reading I saw my setup is below beginner tackle lol oops, after some more reading I went and bought myself a 10wt shimano biocraft for catfish/ tiger fish/ light salt water action now one more problem im stuck on , what reel I should get?

My budget is around R2000.

Cheers

Wessel

For 2k and if you looking new then a sage 1800 (mayeb around R1400)or the 3-tand reels...
    There is a flyshop in bloem.Not sure if you know about it.Morne there can help you.
    Welcome to the forum.Contact me anytime and i will go show you the ropes with catfish

Thanx for the quick reply ill take you up on that offer as soon as I get my reel

I saw two reels at Morne's shop so far, xplorer guide iii and sage 2210 (R1700)
    im still looking for the xplorer dorado to feel how it sits on my rod. Not sure what they go for yet.

I have a private piece of water I want to go test out just outside town big mouth yellows and tekkie bekke.

Definately go for the sage.They are really good value for money.
    You will find the Dorado reel might be a tad heavy.