Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Vibram or Felt Soled Wading Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    I love this thread.... you guys make me giggle...

Neil are your micro studded Vibram Gummi Felt Soled Vision Simms Korkers in action in this image of you from Google Maps?
    I am planning on coming down to Cape Town by the end of next month.
    Can I bribe someone to take me to this stream?
    I don't care what boots we wear, I just want to fish this water.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    I am planning on coming down to Cape Town by the end of next month.
    Can I bribe someone to take me to this stream?
    I don't care what boots we wear, I just want to fish this water.
    Let me know your dates.
    Are you going Tenkara style.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I love this thread.... you guys make me giggle...

Neil are your micro studded Vibram Gummi Felt Soled Vision Simms Korkers in action in this image of you from Google Maps?
    For this river? Actually I remember this photo. On this particular day I hiked in with hiking boots with my wading boots tied to my back pack. 11 km with wet Simms Headwater boots is not lekker. Koos, you will be wasting your time up there now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    For this river? Actually I remember this photo. On this particular day I hiked in with hiking boots with my wading boots tied to my back pack. 11 km with wet Simms Headwater boots is not lekker. Koos, you will be wasting your time up there now.
    Hahaha, I expected as much... funny thing was I was searching for images of Bainskloof pass on Googlemaps for reference for a shoot this morning and your pic popped up... ironic coincidence seeing as I'd just read this thread and the subject of long hikes on streams and boots associated with them...

Definitely agree this is the kinda place hiking boots and wading boots are a good idea!

@ Koos - daar's buggers all visse in ons Kaap rivers pal... stay at home!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Hahaha, I expected as much... funny thing was I was searching for images of Bainskloof pass on Googlemaps for reference for a shoot this morning and your pic popped up... ironic coincidence seeing as I'd just read this thread and the subject of long hikes on streams and boots associated with them...

Definitely agree this is the kinda place hiking boots and wading boots are a good idea!

@ Koos - daar's buggers all visse in ons Kaap rivers pal... stay at home!
    Plenty of Carp in the Berg I hear? Take a 9mm with you.

No need for 9mm on the Berg... Coxy just doesn't get out enough anymore and his lawyering background makes him nervous of crackheads....

The Black River on the other hand is probably wise with a 9mm or at least a rather large stick!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Let me know your dates.
    Are you going Tenkara style.
    Yes Tenkara is what interest me most these days.
    I was thinking end to middle May.
    Waiting for some rain to fall so that the streams can fill up a bit.
    I will make a call by middle April, otherwise I would go to the Berg instead.

End to middle May we should have had some rain and the Witte will be worth the walk. Tenkara is likely to make a rather challenging day a bit more interesting.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

When does the CPS river season close?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    When does the CPS river season close?
    31 May is the last day for CPS streams, Mario.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast