Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: USD vs ZAR plus JIMC = ???

So if you chose a Sage One 10ft 5wt from your list, add components it will be just shy of R13k?

*weeps silently to self*

I am now too scared to use mine any more.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Oh and by the way, if you buy a stock standard one straight from the US, before you add Shipping or anything else (ie just price of the rod), you are looking at $850 which right now also equates to R13k.

I cant imagine what local Fly Fishing stores are going to have to charge for them.

So actually Mario, your service is providing a custom rod at quite a lot less than what you would be able to buy a factory rod for. I would say that for those wanting a new sage rod, it's a no brainer!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    So actually Mario, your service is providing a custom rod at quite a lot less than what you would be able to buy a factory rod for. I would say that for those wanting a new sage rod, it's a no brainer!
    I have no idea what the local prices are, and the post was genuinely not intended to try and show the difference between factory and built up rods. I just had a few minutes to look at some blanks and then prices. I was looking at making an Epic for myself, but even that comes in around 8-9k. So ja, no matter what you do you are going to "hoes" hey!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2