Thread: UV Light and other feeding triggers

Default UV Light and other feeding triggers

I found this interesting discussion about UV in your flies while trying to do some research on the topic.
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=79800

There are also many references to other discussions etc. It's a great source of info and discusses many topics and makes for interesting reading.

I haven't read all of the links in the discussion above but this one was particularly interesting and should probably be it's own topic.

[URL="http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/334575-selectivity-why-how-do-trout-become-selective-feeders.html[/URL]

Super cool, thanks for sharing
    We still have a few things to understand
    Just one more cast.......... make it count ...........

Yes, thanks for sharing.

I was actually wondering about this topic, having bought some UV2 dubbing today. Man, that stuff looks nice on a mustard caddis! Whether it will increase my hookup rate, who knows....?

Anyone out there who believes UV2 gives them an edge?

I was reading some interesting stuff about how the brain processes the signals from the eyes. It seems that the eyes don't have as big a part to play in stimuli as the brain does. All fair and well debating how the fish sees its food, but the big thing is , how the brain processes it
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    Yes, thanks for sharing.

I was actually wondering about this topic, having bought some UV2 dubbing today. Man, that stuff looks nice on a mustard caddis! Whether it will increase my hookup rate, who knows....?

Anyone out there who believes UV2 gives them an edge?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

For me my tying reflects that fish must notice the fly (obvious neh) and then decide if it looks and behaves like food, or what they are eating at that instance. UV (for me) plays a big role in this, as does contrast etc. I really do feel that UV materials gets the fly noticed more than "normal" materials.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett