Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thrift/Redcliffe Trophy trip

Hi Guys,

Super Duper excited about this trip. Please share if you have any info regarding these two venues ito spots, water clarity (in general), flies, whatever else to expect.

Cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Winelands Fly Fishing View Post
    Hi Guys,

Super Duper excited about this trip. Please share if you have any info regarding these two venues ito spots, water clarity (in general), flies, whatever else to expect.

Cheerios
    I was just up in the area - but not at those particular dams. The standard flies work, but what is particular to the area are the platana tadpoles, the small minnows, snails are a must - They might not be around, but if they are, the fish gorge themselves - I would even try a crab pattern or two. The water clarity will be pretty good, there hasnt been much rain up there recently and the weather has remained warmer than usual for this time of the year.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Ask Terry Phillips, this is his home water.
    he was speaking to me at the Nationals about some of the monsters he caught.
    Where other guys speak about their biggest fish in pounds, the guys from the area mention that same number but in KILOGRAMS
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thank You Jade,

Working on the tadpoles at the moment. I believe they should be more of a spring occurrence, but if a fish sees it any time of the year, the tadpole deserves to be hammered. Hope the weather lasts, so far friends of mine fishing at Pine Grove and in the Hogsback area are having good fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Ask Terry Phillips, this is his home water.
    he was speaking to me at the Nationals about some of the monsters he caught.
    Where other guys speak about their biggest fish in pounds, the guys from the area mention that same number but in KILOGRAMS
    Thank You Korrie,

Perhaps have a contact number you can pm?

Thank You Jade,

Working on the tadpoles at the moment. I believe they should be more of a spring occurrence, but if a fish sees it any time of the year, the tadpole deserves to be hammered. Hope the weather lasts, so far friends of mine fishing at Pine Grove and in the Hogsback area are having good fishing.
    Hogsback is fishing well! They had good consistent weather for about two weeks while I was there. I love Pine Grove - Those fish hunt more like salt water fish for some reason. I would give Martin a call - He is an endless source of knowledge!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Thank You Korrie,

sal vir jou kry
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Thank You Korrie,

sent PM....
    Korrie Broos

Had a good chat with Terry, have to say he is very passionate about Thrift. Good info and pointers on spots, again he mentioned the wind and fishing right into/across the windward shore and the wind lanes. I will probably be disappointed if there is no wind at Thrift

Hi All,

We are back, after an extensive drive. I will do a report back in the next week.

Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast