Thread: Hello from the UK

Default Hello from the UK

Greetings all.

I have registered with this very informative website as I will be visiting Cape Town in January/February 2016, staying with some (non fishing) friends out at Somerset West and I am hoping to get some fly fishing in over there during my trip.

I am a keen still water and river fly fisher for Trout and Salmon. My UK club has various beats on famous Salmon rivers such as the Tyne and the Tweed along with some great wild brown trout stretches.

I was hoping to get some wild brown trout fishing in during my stay and I have been in contact with Tim Rolston about a days guided fishing.

I was wondering, as a visitor what sort of permits/permission I would need to fish other streams and a guide to any still waters in the Somerset West area would be greatly appreciated along with some help as to size/weight of rods I would need during my trip.

Should anyone ever be in the UK, especially Northumberland near the Scottish border, please feel free to contact me for some Fishing in my area.

Tight Lines.

Mac

Mac, I am sure one of the guys from the area will gladly show you around the local waters for a morning for the price of a beer or two.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Hi, welcome, Tim is the best Cape river guide in the business. He will sort out all the permits. you are in for a real treat.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mac, I am sure one of the guys from the area will gladly show you around the local waters for a morning for the price of a beer or two.
    That would be great