Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New rods from Echo "Boost"

Blog Entries

Default New rods from Echo "Boost"

Its like someone on cocaine wrote the review!

"The deafening call for an ultra efficient rod capable of producing blistering line speed with minimal effort has been answered. Enter the ECHO BOOST. The culmination of Tim’s relentless tweaking, the BOOST is built for anglers looking for that perfect balance of power, control, and sensitivity. Crafted from premium high modulus graphite using the latest advances in rod manufacturing technology. The result: a rod that’s “scary light” in hand. With killer features like a sexy slim profile, stealthy matte finish, and all-metal reel seat, we can’t decide which is faster… the cosmetics or the action."

http://venturingangler.com/2015/05/1...and-saltwater/
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

An Echo Boost came last in a Yellowstone Anglers fly-rod test! Love to have read their blurb if they had won a test.

Blog Entries

In pursuit of fast, we reinvented slow.

The CIRCA rod with Konnetic technology is a game changer in the slow-action style of dry fly fishing. Its hypnotically smooth slower tempo combined with crisp and precise loading and unloading of each cast results in unmatched accuracy and delicate presentations. The CIRCA is a perfect addition to your rod collection, allowing you to approach a river with stealthy, short-range accuracy.

Not as bad - but they all do that.
    Last edited by redhumpy; 26-05-15 at 12:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post

The CIRCA rod with Konnetic technology is a game changer in the slow-action style of dry fly fishing. Its hypnotically smooth slower tempo combined with crisp and precise loading and unloading of each cast results in unmatched accuracy and delicate presentations. The CIRCA is a perfect addition to your rod collection, allowing you to approach a river with stealthy, short-range accuracy.

Yeeeesss! But does it fish well #rollmyfokkeneyes!!!!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Blog Entries

Nothing fishes well without nymphs & goldilocks #pickupyourshitwhenyouleave!!!!

6. Default

Taking hashtags a little too far ....
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post

Sounds like the description of a glass fly rod, except at half the weight.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Sounds like the description of a glass fly rod, except at half the weight.
    and 4 times the price
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    and 4 times the price
    You pay for the good stuff Mario. Merc vs Tata

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    You pay for the good stuff Mario. Merc vs Tata
    Jaguar is owned by Tata, and they own Land Rover (let's ignore that), so it ain't all bad. Just have to buy the right Tata it seems
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast