Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Czech nymphers almost killed them selves because they are stupid

Default Stupid Czech nymphers almost killed them selves because they are stupid

Yes , you read it very well.

Stupid guys almost killed them selves .
    I will never publish this, since it is common thing all around the globe , we , fisherman do not chose the way how to get to the fish, even to cast in college fisherman net , where he just netted his fish .
    The owner of venue was a witness, and he asked me to write few words,since he likes order on his water, and amongst that he, like a decent fly fisherman is pissed off such a clients who interrupt other normal clients ,who later refuse to come on his water again ,asking protection from the Owner against these disguising Water Elephants, which we can call most likely -Czech fisherman .
    Lots of people protest against that degraded technique ,with not to much success,calling it NON FLY FISHING .
    So the story :

Scene : Vaal River Venue , river stretch of maybe 1.5 km or even more , and probably 300 meters in width , if not more .
    3 or 4 channels , rapids, pools , islands ,slow water, deep water, fast water , reverse water current you name it....
    I mean you need really more than one year to examine that place so you can say : I know the venue, and I know how I fish it . Its ****ing huge ,in other words.

So , 3 fishermen can spend decades on this huge venue and never get in close of each other , because of so many possibilities ...
    But not if you are stupid and pathetic czech nympher ,simply because your casting radius is maximum 1,8 meters out of your Explorer rod tip if not less .
    They were maybe 200 meters up stream in regards of me , when I caught my first Yellow of the day .
    Naive , I make a few photos with decent fish,measured it , and release it , then change a fly , and start again with fishing .
    After few minutes, I felt something very strange .It is like some kind of animals trying to run the river , by walking, swimming, crawling ,flying, crippling..whatever .
    Then, I caught my second fish , while that strange noise and some negative energy occupied the venue even more and more...

It was like in horror movie, I was still wondering what da fak is goin' on while fish was very will to cooperate...
    After my third fish , I took a look upstream and and then get scared ....

Those two guys with some fly fishing rods without fly line but only some funny yellow indicators on their nylons, casting it 3 times per second and then nervously did it again , just in a front of them , maybe 3 meters or so from their wet knees , while trying to stay on their human(?) legs , but mostly failing in the river, scuba diving without proper equipment , crawling ad standing up again and casting those funny and bright yellow indicators ....without ever realising that every live creature in the Water, on Earth and in the Sky just runaway from them in a circle of 200 meters, because of noise and negative energy coming from people who can die every moment in the very strong and wader complicated Vaal River -----THEY FAKING APPROACH ME ..I was the target , or maybe better to say , the spot where I caught 3 fish, 25 meters faraway from me , was their target .

While still busy photographing and releasing my third 2,5 kg fish , I was still in doubt what da fak those people are up to ,now not 200 m faraway from me ,but maybe 50 or so meters from me, and still approaching , using every way that human body can make while trying to make 150 meters downstream in a troubling Vaal River ???

Finally , they get in a front of me , directly wadding over the spot where I caught my 3 fish , proudly and roboticly casting those fat flyline-less nylons with egg size yellow indicators on them , followed by extremely predictably choice of stupid 3 Czech nymphs .

I tried to make eye contact, just for the sake of saying : hello guys why are you wading over the fish and chasing them away ...but no help ..They where like a zombies , with only one target - TO CATCH A FISH exactly on the spot where I caught 3 of them .
    With One Big -difference - I caught my 3 fish maybe 28 meters faraway from me , using some other nymphing technique , but they get 2 meters close to the Yellowfish hot spot ....

Then, one of the guys fell into the water very heavily , and start swimming to save his life , then get up somehow , and start casting again and again like nothing happen !!!!????? all of that all over the hot spot where the big fish were few minutes ago.
    In other words , he messed around right over the hot spot where I discover shoal of big Yellows that morning, and where I caught 3 of decent ones ...

You may guess, fish refused to bite any more , Crocodiles from Vaal River run away home (to Burundi I guess) , birds fled away to Europe too early for any case , mosquitoes get confused because of humans jumping on the water and diving in the same water all over the place .... almost whole River life stopped for a while, absolutely scared of those two fishing Elephants in the glass (water) store , who had only one mission - to get enough close to the spot where I caught my fish , i.e. 28 meters from me and 1,2 meters ,now, close to them .....in a trying to catch the fish by any price using their only one technique ..called Czech nymphing , which IS NOT FLY FISHING , for the *** sake .

I was staying there wit my mouth opened , with stupid expression on my face still didn't understanding what just happen in a last few minutes , I stopped to fish and just watched those two Czech nymph Zombies in their trials to stay alive and not washed by troubling Vaal River water currents , deeps, stones ,rocks and underwater potholes... but still casting those pathetic Czech nymph setups like a Life it self depends on it ....

My Gosh ...
    I just picked up my line, and get out of the water , just to be as faraway as possible from their own shame and embarrassment .
    I felt ashamed , as it was me who did it , not them ...

So ,what would you do on my place ?
    Shoot them ?
    Telling them to **** off ?
    Just turn back and **** off as faraway from them as you can ?

My honest opinion is that I am glad they survived , and they didn't managed (even they tried it for sure) to kill them selves.

The fact that they didn't caught any fish , is not important.
    The fact that they chased away all the fish from 200 meters diameter is also not important .

Important is that they maybe didn't know what they have done ... and this is the most scared thing in all of this story .

Verdict - Czech nymphing and the guys who consider them selves as fly fisherman practising those stupid indicators while casting nylons, not fly lines , should be banned from all South Afrikaans Rivers & Waters , as they get banned every day from every normal European & American water .

It will bring lots of benefits.
    They will stay alive , and normal fly fisherman can enjoy beautiful SA Waters without getting in position to get a gun and kill some stupid Czech nympher ,or even worse to let them drown to death in the water by them selves ...just because they cannot cast longer than 3 ,1 meters out of rod tip and thus they must literally walk over the fish ..Seeing me almost 30 meters faraway from the post where fish jumped 3 times when stroked, was a red signal for them-go right there on that spot and kill them all with our indicators system ....

Yes, that pathetic illegal technique can work -
    - when fish is spawning in the Springtime , in the shallow water and when you did it illegally, but not now , mu friends ...as you had chance to see with your own eyes today - you should place your nymph almost 30 meters faraway from rod tip, not 2 meters...

I made photo of you ,but I do not want to humiliate you more that you disgraced your selves today ....

Also , I am staying open for casting/fishing and how to behave on the water lessons...

Anyway ,I am glad you are alive !
    Last edited by Zoran; 18-05-15 at 02:58 AM.

Oh my giddy aunt...

This read, just made my monday morning...sorry, I dont mean to laugh, but hell, what a read...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Zoran you are an original! 5 thumbs up! I'd love to see this movie...maybe a hint of dueling guitar and banjos in the background. I didn't realise there were such folks about - I guess in Gauteng anything is possible.

Zoran
    Czech nymphers do not use Egg size Yellow Indicators.
    These are imposters.
    They pretend to be Cz Nymphers.
    They are very bad Indicator nymphers.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Zoran
    Czech nymphers do not use Egg size Yellow Indicators.
    These are imposters.
    They pretend to be Cz Nymphers.
    They are very bad Indicator nymphers.
    Must agree with Korrie very bad indicator nymphers, and not all CZ nymphers have a death wish...

Nice read could see the scene in front of me.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Same thing happened to me at Arendsnes a few years ago.

I got there early to see a bunch of guys kitting up and rushing to get on the water.
    I was last on the water. Everyone sort of scattered like ants in different directions to get to their Utophia.
    I started wading across slowly without disturbing anyone. Got to a spot and landed the first fish of the day.
    Well the next minute I just hear swoosh, swoosh, swoosh as fly line sweeps past me. I turned around only to see a guy trying to fish my run. I looked at him and said "Are you bloody kidding me? There is a whole river but you need to fish right where I am standing? " He had this confused look like a "Trapsuutjies" on a Smartiebox and I said to him.......VOERTSEK HIER!!!!

Later that same day I was fishing up a run and this guys saw me catching. He wades down to come and fish where I am. I said nothing, just moved up and caught fish where he was standing before he moved down. The look on his face was PRICELESS.

But I guess you will run into this type of thing more and more as more people go to the Vaal to catch the Poorman's Trout or Indigenous Carp as some refer to them. I am seriously limiting the amount of times I go out to fish these days. If you want quality fishing, then you have to get into your car and drive away from the crowds. I would rather do one or two trips a year, but make those a 3-4 day trips as opposed to being on the Vaal every weekend. This way I am far away from crowds and the fishing is top notch. These days when I get to a venue and there are lots of cars, I turn around and go somewhere else, I don't play along well with others especially if they have no Ethics.

Sorry to hear about that Zoran, it sounds horrible.

The good thing with the vaal being very accessible is that a lot of people that would never have gotten into fly fishing might actually get into it. And also with a small budget you can get gear and catch a fish. And hopefully you will progress and learn and become a good fly fisher at some stage.

But this means you get a lot of people on the river that have bad fishing manners and get into your way. I will take that - as long as more people are excited and get into the sport. 90% of the fishers I meet on the water here on the vaal (a bit lower down) are super nice and if you have a bit of a chat with them you get along great.

CZ nymhing and other euro styles - I hate it, but its a super way to get a first time fisher into a fish and get them hooked on the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Sorry to hear about that Zoran, it sounds horrible.

The good thing with the vaal being very accessible is that a lot of people that would never have gotten into fly fishing might actually get into it. And also with a small budget you can get gear and catch a fish. And hopefully you will progress and learn and become a good fly fisher at some stage.

But this means you get a lot of people on the river that have bad fishing manners and get into your way. I will take that - as long as more people are excited and get into the sport. 90% of the fishers I meet on the water here on the vaal (a bit lower down) are super nice and if you have a bit of a chat with them you get along great.

CZ nymhing and other euro styles - I hate it, but its a super way to get a first time fisher into a fish and get them hooked on the sport.

Like your view on it all, maybe sometimes us, whom believe we are well mannered anglers should just try to educate more and cry less.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

7 letter words made by unscrambling the letters in czechnympher

mynheer
    recency

6 letter words made by unscrambling the letters in czechnympher

cheery
    creche
    creepy
    crepey
    cymene
    cypher
    empery
    enzyme
    hempen
    hyphen
    premen
    pyrene
    reechy
    zephyr

5 letter words made by unscrambling the letters in czechnympher

cheep
    cheer
    chyme
    creep
    creme
    crepe
    crepy
    emery
    enemy
    enzym
    hempy
    hence
    henry
    hymen
    hyper
    merch
    mercy
    nymph
    peery
    pence
    perch
    preen
    recce
    rehem
    rheme
    rhyme
    yecch
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

and not ONE four letter word that's applicable........
    catch and release

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast