Thread: Old Shimano fly rod

Default Old Shimano fly rod

Hi Guys

Can someone please help me with some info on the Shimano ultegra fly rods, now I know they are discontinued like 10 years ago but I found a brand new one hiding in a shop its a 9ft 6wt.

ps. there's absolutely no info about this rod on the net not even history or anything.

I'm sorry nobody answered you. I wish I could help, but I have no knowledge whatsoever on the rod you talking about. The guys that would know are busy discussing a very very important matter on another thread. Hopefully that will be resolved soon, and one of them can give you a meaningful answer.
    catch and release

sorry bud, the only shimano i ever owned was the biocraft

Hey

I have a 5wt Ultegra and I love it. I often fish it over my Echo's, Stealths, etc - I think its more a nostalgic thing for me. It was my first 5wt and I have caught so many yellows on it.

It really is a good rod and worth its money. Its a medium action rod, decent built quality, and pretty tough from what I can tell. I have knocked mine around a bit and it keeps going!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Thanx guys I went and bought it anyway awesome rod, casts a mile
    im new to fly fishing so here's a quick question what can I compare this ultegra with?

I dont really know why you would want to compare it. Rods are a weird thing.

I used to favour old Sage's for their slow - medium action, then I started fishing shorter rods, then longer rods, now faster rods.

Its all about preference and how the action compliments your casting.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/