Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orvis frequent flyer series

Tenkara....

I would love to have a Tenkara with a reel on.
    I know, technically, it will not be a Tenkara.
    But a lot of the times, I fish with a meter or 2 of leader, out of the tiptop eye, only.
    And with the Tenkara, that is not possible, you always have to have the full length of leader tippet out.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    I would love to have a Tenkara with a reel on.
    I know, technically, it will not be a Tenkara.
    But a lot of the times, I fish with a meter or 2 of leader, out of the tiptop eye, only.
    And with the Tenkara, that is not possible, you always have to have the full length of leader tippet out.
    Just add 5 micro-guides on the end of each ferrule and fashion a line holder that goes above the handle. Should work a treat. You'd still have all the portability (won't telescope back all the way ja, but you'll only gain maybe 6cm or so ito packing length) with the benefits of a moving line.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

4. Default

You can get away with half the wraps there too.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks
    What will the cost be to do something like that?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Thanks
    What will the cost be to do something like that?
    Craig could possible have those microguides (from Mudhole) and he is the Tenkara guy in SA anyway - so maybe you can get everything from him?? Can't imagine it would be too much ito fitting those guides (although from that I hear they are a PITA to fit )
    Mario Geldenhuys

7. Default

Mario Geldenhuys

No warranty on the Orvis FF rods. Nothing.
    Regards
    Craig

Korrie
    I have the rods and the guides
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    No warranty on the Orvis FF rods. Nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12