Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Orvis Blanks

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Sage (Frontier) charges R150 to get a section (or more) replaced of the blank. Without someone (I have tried 3 years ago with no luck) to contact locally, you'd have to find someone at Orvis (Jim was the guy I finally spoke to - immensely nice and helpful guy) and deal with them directly. The section cost me something like R850 to replace.
    I think you were ripped, you should have gone through Mudhole, but it certainly is more convenient to have local backup.
    My point is, whatever you paid, you paid, so no lifetime warranty.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    I think you were ripped, you should have gone through Mudhole, but it certainly is more convenient to have local backup.
    Yes, but the blank was not acquired through them. I doubt they would still replace it (Mudhole that is). What do they charge as a replacement fee (for interest sake)? I had to pay for the replacement as well as shipping to, and from the States.

My point is, whatever you paid, you paid, so no lifetime warranty.
    Fair point, but really just phrases and words used by the marketing people. Lifetime warranty with a small handling fee - I don't find much wrong with that.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

so no lifetime warranty.
    Could also (possibly) be that Sage does carry a warranty on the rod for it's entire lifetime, ie, the model you purchased 100 years ago will be replaced. Not like other brands that will "upgrade" you to a new model at a "modest" fee.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3