Thread: George Knysna at the end of july

Default George Knysna at the end of july

Hi guys
    im going to George /Knysna at the end of July. what fish can i target on the fly in the winter and where?

Is it worth taking my fly rods with me?

Thanks allot

Last year you would have caught some big Leeries as we had a mild winter - no idea what they will do this winter. Brian will know more being a local. I had over 100 mm's of rain last week so my local river Little Brak would have been full of fresh water which would have a serious effect on the fish. Waiting for the river to flush out then I will go and investigate. Knysna and Sedgefield are far bigger systems that can maybe absorb the plus 100mm's of rain but it has much colder and sooner this winter. But as they say, if you do not pack some tackle, you will not be able to fish.

Hi Johandre
    At the moment there are some Garrick about, but some really nice Grunter has been coming out. Water will be at its coldest then and the Garrick disappear or stay deep down. I will know more closer to the time. Don't forget about Sedgefield. But let chat closer to the time for a more accurate update.

Brian
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"