Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Handling tigers

there is a groove below and inside the lower jawbone which you can slide your fingers into very nicely and get a solid grip on the fish with your thumb on the outside of the lower jawbone. This is a very solid way to hold them and they dont flap easily.

Only problem is, if you posted a pic of it, it looks like you are holding it in the gills, and then you would have the same thread as this one started because people dont know about that way to grip it.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Very similar to holding an European pike
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Very similar to holding an European pike
    http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/pike_landing/
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Africa's original Flyfishing mag June/July 2015. Page 62. Very disappointing and considering the person in the photo even more so. Then page 65, can't see if it's right through but still not the right way and again the person in question is the issue, also in TCCF nd 2 other adds. So this is where the photo trend starts and people want to copy this.

Tigers are such bad ass fish, they come to the fly just for the piercing!:biggrin::biggrin:
    Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Scullery

Hmm... I don't know. It looks like the pike is being held in the gills area. Tigers have very shark and hard gill plates, so you might risk a nasty cut on the fingers by going this route. still its better than a boga through the lip.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

That grip does work on Pike without hurting the gills but you have to be careful.... I have started using a boga, as gently as I can. Pike have mean teeth and lots of them - this is a slip on a tooth last month while unhook a small one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2