Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Detachable indicators

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    I think with light flies, enough good flow and fishing like most people would, the yarn would be more then suffice. But fishing heavier nymphs and bigger then the norm in almost standing water does present it's own unique new challenges and I have made my solution.....fish bigger and heavier flies and more buoyant indicator which allows you to move your flies up and down the column of water. To give you an idea the speed the water flows at.....normal cross current cast from 10 o'clock where your flies hit the water for it to drift to 2-3o'clock can take up from 30-45 seconds.
    Ok so i should classify where i am using mine and what flies - I am using it in stillwaters (so my drift is indefinite) and i am using it with massive fritzes with tungsten on. They still do not pull it under. My favourite time to fish this way is in a nice wind that puts a chop on the surface, meaning that the indicator rising with the waves, causes the fly to jig underneath it. I promise you when yarn is treated right, it will hold up anything that those ones you use will.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Ok so i should classify where i am using mine and what flies - I am using it in stillwaters (so my drift is indefinite) and i am using it with massive fritzes with tungsten on. They still do not pull it under. My favourite time to fish this way is in a nice wind that puts a chop on the surface, meaning that the indicator rising with the waves, causes the fly to jig underneath it. I promise you when yarn is treated right, it will hold up anything that those ones you use will.
    I think, whenever you are in this neck of the woods or me visa versa in yours, you should show me please. I think it's got to do with the right material and applying everything in the correct quantities and also the right stuff.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5