Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Articulated prawn fly

What about fishing a neutrally buoyant or slightly buoyant fly on a sinking or intermediate line. So when you retrieve it sinks then as you pause it floats back up slowly.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    What about fishing a neutrally buoyant or slightly buoyant fly on a sinking or intermediate line. So when you retrieve it sinks then as you pause it floats back up slowly.
    this sounds deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I don't see why that won't work. I had one Grunter that took a buoyant fly mid water in abut 500mm of water, another sucked the prawn in when it was just laying on the bottom, the other took a Crazy Charlie stripped across the sand.
    So different methods for differend areas must be employed.
    Grunter by nature is not surface feeders and scout the sand for prawn and crab, but that is not to say it will not hit a fly above its head.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3