Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flies for bass

Yup ..agree... a fly like that is seriously wasted on bass.....Catch anything... but not a bass with that fly...please... ok, also not a carp and barbell.... hate those too.:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    HE HE HE...Thanks Andre...I thought it could be dredged deeeeeeep and other then catching sludge, rocks and other relics, perhaps a peeved HUMONGOUS Lakies Brown would decide to bite this offering, perhaps a smaller version there of.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yup ..agree... a fly like that is seriously wasted on bass.....Catch anything... but not a bass with that fly...please... ok, also not a carp and barbell.... hate those too.:biggrin:
    I might try catch a yellow tail with it then...yoh!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Argh Andre you Philistine! Tell us truly - have you ever caught a bass bigger than 5lbs? Mind you I'm not hugely impressed with the spotty ones but probably because my biggest wasn't even 4 lbs. A chunky Lakies fish would probably change my mind pdq.

No I haven't, and I hear that they are great fish to catch, and a lot of fun. I think Im a trout and yellowfish snob, and would far prefer to go to the places where they are. Got nothing against any other fish or anyone who catches them, just like to stir up a controversy once in a while.
    Like my belief that unless trout are your first love, you cant seriously call yourself a proper fly fisherman... ha ha..
    I have caught a couple of small bass at Lakies, and a half decent one a Koekedou a few years back, but never really targeted them. .
    Quote Originally Posted by allsorts View Post
    Argh Andre you Philistine! Tell us truly - have you ever caught a bass bigger than 5lbs? Mind you I'm not hugely impressed with the spotty ones but probably because my biggest wasn't even 4 lbs. A chunky Lakies fish would probably change my mind pdq.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Great Fly,

Any possibility of an SBS?

Wouldn't mind tying up a few of these?
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli@84 View Post
    Great Fly,

Any possibility of an SBS?

Wouldn't mind tying up a few of these?
    If you go to Stripersonline, search for the Kinky Muddler, and no, a pic of Korrie wearing nothing but a smile wont pop up (this time), but an very informative SBS detailing the V-Technique.

Zaka Naka!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Sharp Sharp
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli@84 View Post
    Sharp Sharp
    Have a look at Gerrit Viljoen's Largie Muddler, he used the V-Style Kinky Muddler technique, look how epic those flies are (as usual)

Julian jy is pragtig my engel.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Julian jy is pragtig my engel.
    Mario, I also invented Post-its and stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast