Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protea Juniors ar WFFC 2015

Default Protea Juniors ar WFFC 2015

http://www.wyffc2015.com/

Lets get behind our young men. It looks like we have a good team.
    All the best guys.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Here are a couple of pics from the watsapp group. They have fished the Eagle and Colorado rivers so far and are feeling comfortable on both. They are also staying in accomodation with a trout stream at the end of the garden and they have been getting huge numbers of browns and the odd cutthroat out of it in their free time in between tying.
    IMG-20150806-WA0064.jpgIMG-20150806-WA0004.jpgIMG-20150806-WA0005.jpgIMG-20150806-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150806-WA0000.jpgIMG-20150806-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20150805-WA0005.jpg

More to come as they send pics.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

I had a look at the website and I find it very strange that there's only 10 teams participating in the youth competition?

The most obvious omissions are England, Scotland, Australia, Belgium, Italy.

I just find is very strange as these countries have great development structures in sport.

Any ideas why?

a couple of reasons
    a. it might not fall in their school holidays. When I wanted to bring 2 or 3 junior teams to SA, the biggest hurdle was that the kids could not "get off" from school. They are very strict on school attendance.
    b. the cost for the kids could be too much. Although it might not appear that way, but finances are a BIG problem for European people. I have a a lot of friends in Europe. For a lot of those people, to live the daily life, is not a problem but as soon as there is extra expenses, there is no money available. Then it is a simple decision, "Sorry you cannot go"
    THere is big fallacy, that these countries "Just give money" to the sport. Very much the same as in SA. they have to scratch for the funds, etc.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I guess so.

I never thought of the school holiday issue.

And now that you say it the juniors probably cost the participants parents a lot more as Dad will definitely want to go with. So now that's two plane tickets and 2 hotel bookings.

And yes fly fishing is not really a priority for Government and also not much TV coverage if any so the sponsors don't really get great bang for buck, so I can imagine it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant111 View Post
    I guess so.

I never thought of the school holiday issue.

And now that you say it the juniors probably cost the participants parents a lot more as Dad will definitely want to go with. So now that's two plane tickets and 2 hotel bookings.

And yes fly fishing is not really a priority for Government and also not much TV coverage if any so the sponsors don't really get great bang for buck, so I can imagine it's tough.
    Sport should be a priority for all governments, but the actual schooling should be a greater priority.
    That my friend, is where the big problem lays with our government.
    At the moment, I can probably employ 30 to 40 people extra, young kids fresh out of school.
    Not at the greatest wages, but a job, but I am not interested.
    a. public transport is a nightmare. every second day the people are late
    b. they cannot read basic instructions
    c. cannot calculate the most basic of sums
    d. understanding of basic concepts are lacking.

I thought that when the ANC came to power, the very first thing they would have done was to make sure we had a world class schooling system. whether it is one that is aimed a getting people ready for a hands job or academic job, but at the moment, it is for no job. THAT is the sad part for me.
    But it ZUMPIE has only standard 3, and become president, he probably thinks that you do not need a good schooling

It is not all doom and gloom.
    I read another piece on the internet, as we are working on this Sunday/public holiday about staff members and how they grow
    This was the last sentence
    "Plant a seed and watch it grow."

I have had lots of seeds that have GROWN.
    18 years ago, a girl, in matric, from Mitchells Plain, fell pregnant and I employed her as a cleaner.
    She was eager and hard working, she became my production manager, 16,5 years later.
    Sadly, my one of my biggest customers decided to "Open his own factory and do everything in house" and he offered her the job.
    I have other seeds that have grown very well, but not to such tall trees.
    Last edited by Korrie; 09-08-15 at 01:27 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

This might be hard for some to believe but we had a cleaner lady at work who washed the dishes and made coffee and is now one of my SAP HR consultants. She won't ever be a full blown consultant and present workshops for projects but she's a good solid support consultant and works hand and a great personality. So from catching taxis to work she now drives a new golf.

So yes it can be done but unfortunately it only works in a few isolated cases. Problem is it needs to work for the 1 million matriculants each year and the countless others that don't even make matric.... that's the real problem.

Not only are they badly educated but we are not creating enough new jobs even for the well educated. Sad sad story.

The boys are doing well
    Updates are available at http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum...19941#msg19941
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    The boys are doing well
    Updates are available at http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum...19941#msg19941
    So nice to see that, well done to them. Holding thumbs that they can keep it up.

So it looks to have been an excellent tournament for our guys. 4th overall and some good individual performances.
    Well done to the young men.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast