Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cape Streams

Catman survived a day or 2 with us on the river.
    I am sure you will as well.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hilros007

Be sure to get them to take you to the Witte. Unspoilt beauty. You'll love it��

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Hilros007

Be sure to get them to take you to the Witte. Unspoilt beauty. You'll love it��
    Baby steps first.
    I took a guy to the Witte on his first trip to the Cape, he never went fishing again.
    We arranged a long time ahead, set the date etc.
    I have to say, a front came thru, cold wet windy, he decided fly fishing is not the sport for him.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Miskien is jy bang vir die trap?��

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Miskien is jy bang vir die trap?��
    Ek dink die 12km in Lapland deur die tundra, bogs en water is baie erger as die wandel op 'n goeie voetpad na die berg stroompie toe.
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Ek dink die 12km in Lapland deur die tundra, bogs en water is baie erger as die wandel op 'n goeie voetpad na die berg stroompie toe.
    12km? A warm-up you mean?

As daar iemand is wat ken van stap deur veld is dit Hilros Korrie! Klink my ek moet mar n houertjie sout saambring as ek kom kuier H net om oor jou katrolle te sprinkel om hulle weer te laat tuis voel. Klink my jy is in baie goeie hande daai kant en baie bevoorreg om saam daai manne te gan goggas gooi!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scurvy; 22-08-15 at 02:15 PM.

Dewaal.

Ek word geconvert na die fynere kunsies van die bedryf.

Wens nou net ek kry kans om die manne op te vat vir 'n stroom sessie.

Hi guys

Would like to get into the fly fishing scene and try my hand at catching trout in these streams. Am a student and a beginner fly fisher (have a old cheap explorer combo I bought many years ago) and have mainly concentrated on the more conventional aspects of fishing like rock & surf, estuary, bass, carp etc in the past. Mainly fish in the garden route during holidays so just really want to wet a line more often being in Stellenbosch most of the year. So if a spot goes open and you don't mind a youngster tagging along at some stage it will be greatly appreciated. Very keen to learn the trade. And not so keen to pay R2000 for a guided trip. Otherwise just some info on where to get started or clubs to join or whatever.

Dankie
    Stywe Lyne
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Will28 View Post
    Hi guys

Would like to get into the fly fishing scene and try my hand at catching trout in these streams. Am a student and a beginner fly fisher (have a old cheap explorer combo I bought many years ago) and have mainly concentrated on the more conventional aspects of fishing like rock & surf, estuary, bass, carp etc in the past. Mainly fish in the garden route during holidays so just really want to wet a line more often being in Stellenbosch most of the year. So if a spot goes open and you don't mind a youngster tagging along at some stage it will be greatly appreciated. Very keen to learn the trade. And not so keen to pay R2000 for a guided trip. Otherwise just some info on where to get started or clubs to join or whatever.

Dankie
    Stywe Lyne
    Willie
    Hey Wilie and Welcome to the forum - Lots of guys here willing to share information, and even take you out with them on a trip to the Streams. The first thing to do is look at joining the Cape Piscatorial society, but if you dont want to join, and would rather fish on a day ticket that can also be arranged through the CPS for a small and reasonable sum. You will also need a SANParks permit and a fresh water angling license for the Western Cape - Its a little bit of a mission but once you have sorted it you are golden.

www.piscator.co.za

All the streams are flyfishing only, barbless hooks and strictly catch and release.

Dont worry about the rods cost etc, I have seen a lot of guys with new Sages who cant cast 5 metres and hit a barn door. The first few trips are always a bit like paying school fees, but the dividends will soon start to pay off.

I will only be back in ZA at the end of the year, so maybe we can go together one weekend next year, otherwise i am sure someone on the forum will be nice enough to offer. Welcome again and tight lines.

Jade
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast