Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Youth Nationals Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    There are 2 youngsters of that age that are serious prospects for the future. Super young boys. Keen as mustard.
    With a burning desire to learn more and just want to fish the whole day.
    Weet jy dalk hoe oud is die outjies? Ek gaan gou op FB kyk vir 'n foto - sal help dat iemand weet van wie ek praat
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

The kid I'm referring to is Stefan.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

The rest of your post was a "different tangent" as you said. That's why I didn't quote it. Apparently one of the nicest incident free youth Nations to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Quote the rest of that post for a glass that is BOTH half full AND half empty. Iow, what it really is. It cannot be either, it can only be both.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    The kid I'm referring to is Stefan.
    Yes, super kid.
    Stefan and Murray are the 2 "small" ones in the WP A team.
    both super talented, Ties disgustingly beautiful flies.
    Just can't get enough fishing done in one day, never stops thinking and talking fishing after the sun has set.
    I have spent a lot of time with both of the young boys.
    I wish I had the "mentors and exposure" the kids of today have.
    if you think that these kids have done the Pascal's course, have all the knowledge of Jiri Klima, Edoardo Ferrero, Pier Luigi Cogichto etc that was passed to fellow fly fishers passed onto them.
    Plus a good number of senior fly fishers' world championships passed along as well, they are are so far ahead to compared most of us seniors where we where late in our "fishing careers"
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Yes, super kid.
    Stefan and Murray are the 2 "small" ones in the WP A team.
    both super talented, Ties disgustingly beautiful flies.
    Just can't get enough fishing done in one day, never stops thinking and talking fishing after the sun has set.
    I have spent a lot of time with both of the young boys.
    I wish I had the "mentors and exposure" the kids of today have.
    if you think that these kids have done the Pascal's course, have all the knowledge of Jiri Klima, Edoardo Ferrero, Pier Luigi Cogichto etc that was passed to fellow fly fishers passed onto them.
    Plus a good number of senior fly fishers' world championships passed along as well, they are are so far ahead to compared most of us seniors where we where late in our "fishing careers"
    In total agreement. Fred made the same comment.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2