Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage Bolt

Default Sage Bolt

I see Sage is heading back to Gen 5 technology....!

http://www.sageflyfish.com/fly-rods/all-water/bolt/
    Gerrit Viljoen

I like gen 5 way more than konetic - and seems like Im not the only one.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Ek het al paar "horror" stories vd Method gehoor...
    Gerrit Viljoen

Many people love the konetic rods and they do cast a mile and are super light weight.

I just dont like the way they feel. Cant really put my finger on it but it feels like less effort to cast a gen 5 and easier to be accurate.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

P.S. they have been bringing back gen 5 for a while now. I fish an Accel a lot, its also a new gen 5 rod. Love it.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

That's what I meant expanding the range...
    Gerrit Viljoen

Fast action, 9 feet... no thanks... the only thing going for it, is that it "isn't green", so at least one numb nut might buy it.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Can you tell us what the difference is?
    Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    I like gen 5 way more than konetic - and seems like Im not the only one.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

To me it looks like they are doing what they did with the VXP - manufacturing old tech equipment to fill a gap in the market at a lower price point. I really like this as it allows people who dont want to pay $850 for a rod to still experience sage quality although admittedly a few years old but still probably world class.

As far as Konnetic goes - not sure to be honest as compared to G5, but what i can say about Konnetic is that the Sage ONE that i have is streets above anything else i have cast for my casting style. I have also found that it is very very forgiving - by that i mean those casts that you realise half way through "oh this is going to be a stuff up!", but you continue with the cast and somehow the rod manages to dampen your stuff up and still produce a decent outcome. It is also the most fun i have had casting a rod - it's in for repairs at the moment and i am noticing how much i miss it compared to my other rods.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    To me it looks like they are doing what they did with the VXP - manufacturing old tech equipment to fill a gap in the market at a lower price point. I really like this as it allows people who dont want to pay $850 for a rod to still experience sage quality although admittedly a few years old but still probably world class.

As far as Konnetic goes - not sure to be honest as compared to G5, but what i can say about Konnetic is that the Sage ONE that i have is streets above anything else i have cast for my casting style. I have also found that it is very very forgiving - by that i mean those casts that you realise half way through "oh this is going to be a stuff up!", but you continue with the cast and somehow the rod manages to dampen your stuff up and still produce a decent outcome. It is also the most fun i have had casting a rod - it's in for repairs at the moment and i am noticing how much i miss it compared to my other rods.
    The way you feel about the Konnetic is exactly the way I feel about the G5 rods I have owned i.e. z-axis zxl etc. I think its casting style related. I still have 2 sage ones but fish them rarely since I dont feel as comfortable with them.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast