Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Sage TXL-f 1wt 7'10 & new Sage QDT 1wt line.Includes blank warranty card.

Default New Sage TXL-f 1wt 7'10 & new Sage QDT 1wt line.Includes blank warranty card.

Price: R 5500 ex postage.Im based in Durban.

sage txl-f one.jpg
    Last edited by saflyfish; 20-10-15 at 10:31 AM.

Hmm... pricey.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hmm... pricey.
    Not sure how you came to that assumption.Frontier had them retail for R7700 then when sage discontinued them they were sold for R5000 on closeout.
    The line is R750.Both the rod and reel are NEW.Closeouts on eBay are around the $400 mark.Do your math before commenting.

Don't get offended, I simply telling you that it might be a little pricey. you should get about 4K, to 4,5K for the rod on its own. The reel and line you might have to sell separate, or throw it in as a sweetener, unless its a popular reel. Your initial post did not indicate that there is a reel included.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Don't get offended, I simply telling you that it might be a little pricey. you should get about 4K, to 4,5K for the rod on its own. The reel and line you might have to sell separate, or throw it in as a sweetener, unless its a popular reel. Your initial post did not indicate that there is a reel included.
    What reel? Add says rod and line only
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

In his second post he mentions , "the rod and reel are new"....
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    What reel? Add says rod and line only

The deal does not include a reel as per my first post however as Andre pointed out i did say "rod and reel" in the response.Not sure why i said that.
    The identical outfit was advertised on a fb classified section for R6500 but included a reel but had been fished.
    The replacement Sage txl-f is the Sage Little ONE retails for R10500.I still think this is a great bargain.

Just a note about how i feel about negative responses to people advertising rods,reels etc.I did that a few times and i realised that if the shoe was on the other foot i would feel ***.

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    Just a note about how i feel about negative responses to people advertising rods,reels etc.I did that a few times and i realised that if the shoe was on the other foot i would feel ***.
    I hope you did not find my comment negative, as the thread became a little confusing as to what was on offer.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I hope you did not find my comment negative, as the thread became a little confusing as to what was on offer.
    Not at all Mario

My response was actually not negative, but actually quite positive in my opinion. I mentioned one word, "pricey". How many times have you seen adds of fly talk for stuff that is hopelessly over priced, and just does not sell. I have bought and sold used Sage equipment for years, and I can honestly say, that your rod is about 20% overpriced. Take it as constructive advice in your efforts to sell the rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    The deal does not include a reel as per my first post however as Andre pointed out i did say "rod and reel" in the response.Not sure why i said that.
    The identical outfit was advertised on a fb classified section for R6500 but included a reel but had been fished.
    The replacement Sage txl-f is the Sage Little ONE retails for R10500.I still think this is a great bargain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast