Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Sage TXL-f 1wt 7'10 & new Sage QDT 1wt line.Includes blank warranty card.

Yeah I know, but a 1 wt sold here recently for quite a lot more. anyway, if it doesn't sell in a few days, I will most likely drop the price or decide to keep it for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Hmm... pricey.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Also picked up a TCX 6wt from the same seller, which will also go on sale shortly.
    Im busy negotiating to buy his Sage one as well.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yeah I know, but a 1 wt sold here recently for quite a lot more. anyway, if it doesn't sell in a few days, I will most likely drop the price or decide to keep it for a while.
    Andre i would have snapped up the 1wt Safish sold at R5500 if i had the money.It was a great deal,brand new rod,brand new line.

Yes, that's your prerogative. Interestingly enough... here in SA, we complain about the price of rods, yet we are prepared to pay a lot more for the second hand item than they usually would in Europe or the States. Second hand rods are quite a bit cheaper over there. You going to struggle to get that amount for a TXL-F 1 wt on the overseas market. not impossible, but unlikely. I sold a 10 foot XP 6wt to the UK for more than I was offered here, so it can be achieved. These rods that I have bought, are from a seasonal guide, whose moving from a river based location, to a salt water location.
    Remember that a "brand new" Sage, doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of the rods pricing. Brand new, only comes from the dealer. What you actually mean, is "second hand, never been used" .Long as the condition is good, it will sell, and a new one will get the same amount of money as a used one in good condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormo_rant View Post
    Andre i would have snapped up the 1wt Safish sold at R5500 if i had the money.It was a great deal,brand new rod,brand new line.
    Last edited by Andre; 19-11-15 at 03:09 PM.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that SA represents 0.002 Percent of Sages market, so it stands to reason that there are so many more second hand Sages in circulation in other parts of the World. Not many come up for sale in this country, so perhaps this is why the second hand value over here is so much more.

Sorry Andre I want to derail your thread a bit. Is there real value in a 1 or 2 wt over a 3 wt for a guy that would use the rod rarely? I sold my zaxis 4wt which was the lightest rod I owned since it was too close to my 5wt accel. I want to get a 3wt since I want something lighter.

I can see that if you fish small streams a lot you would want an array of light rods, but Im thinking a good 3 should be OK for an odd outing once or twice a year?
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Yup... you quite right. In my opinion, a 3wt is the best for all round stream work. This is such a subjective thing anyway, and worth an entire volume on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Sorry Andre I want to derail your thread a bit. Is there real value in a 1 or 2 wt over a 3 wt for a guy that would use the rod rarely? I sold my zaxis 4wt which was the lightest rod I owned since it was too close to my 5wt accel. I want to get a 3wt since I want something lighter.

I can see that if you fish small streams a lot you would want an array of light rods, but Im thinking a good 3 should be OK for an odd outing once or twice a year?

Thanks Andre, helps a lot.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3