Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need new boots!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I need new boots!!!

So here we go again, I need new boots, my vision felt souled are starting to spilt ..

Please let me know if we are on the iPhone 8 version of boot technology yet or are we still just recommending Simms or similar??

remember I have small children to feed so let be reasonable in price I am not spending big money here...
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hi Nick, you know the old story, not much has changed...If the boot has exposed stitching on the uppers, its going to fray and split in a few stream outings. The less exposed stitching, the better. Its not really about Simms.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Nick, you know the old story, not much has changed...If the boot has exposed stitching on the uppers, its going to fray and split in a few stream outings. The less exposed stitching, the better. Its not really about Simms.
    Thanks, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, my visions split in the middle of the sole if you can believe that almost like they had ben slit with a knife, both of them as well, not even by the stitching........bloody frustrating... So what's the cheapest pair with no stitching? that are not wellie boots
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Have you tried the Vision agents? perhaps they will replace them.
    Regards the "cheapest", I have no idea, I went the other route, which was, to buy the best, so I bought the Simms guides, which are awesome, but they cost a fortune. Luckilly I bought them about 6 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Thanks, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, my visions split in the middle of the sole if you can believe that almost like they had ben slit with a knife, both of them as well, not even by the stitching........bloody frustrating... So what's the cheapest pair with no stitching? that are not wellie boots
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Have you tried the Vision agents? perhaps they will replace them.
    Regards the "cheapest", I have no idea, I went the other route, which was, to buy the best, so I bought the Simms guides, which are awesome, but they cost a fortune. Luckilly I bought them about 6 years ago.
    Whose the agent?
    James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Whose the agent?
    And what can you get for 1k these days.
    James Boswell.

If you want cheap, cheerful, effective and indestructible, grab a pair of Security/military Boots, like police boots..but of course in Olive/Brown rather than blue... these are incredibly effective, cheap and last longer than pretty much anything else out there... Spend some extra bucks on the Simms Wet Wading Socks, and you set...

You might not have the "cool crew" wanting to fish with you because you not wearing Simms/Visions or whatever, but your boots will probably outlast theirs by a year or two... and at least you're wearing Simms socks...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback... the boot grant has split in a strange place on both.. but I will definitely take them in and ask. . Nepps I will go and have a look during the week...thanks...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    James Boswell.

Good info guys, thanks for that. Nic, keep us posted as my brother also needs a new pair. Thanks
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Nic!! Where you situated?? A mate of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast