Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Survey on Flyfishing at Sterkfontein Dam

  1. #1

    Default Survey on Flyfishing at Sterkfontein Dam

    Prof. Gijsbert Hoogendoorn is doing an academic survey on fly fishing tourism at Sterkfontein Dam. Please fill out his survey in order to assist him with his research. Results from this survey will give insight into impact of fly fishing at Sterkfontein Dam.

    https://surveyplanet.com/5627a81f74c92a0e1419bd2a
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

    Reap the Whirlwind - WM

    Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Thanks Darryl for this post. I really appreciate it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    911

    Default

    done, lets support this .. may encourage local NC to look after the facility better.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richards Bay, Kwazulu Natal
    Posts
    472
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Done. Thanks for sharing

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Nice...I didn't have to give my real name...Thanks Daryll...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Prof. Gijsbert Hoogendoorn is doing an academic survey on fly fishing tourism at Sterkfontein Dam. Please fill out his survey in order to assist him with his research. Results from this survey will give insight into impact of fly fishing at Sterkfontein Dam.

    https://surveyplanet.com/5627a81f74c92a0e1419bd2a
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    johannesburg
    Posts
    507

    Default

    hi Dlampert,
    i saw this last week and was hesitant in giving info. it looks legit, even a real prof name to boost but, why a study sterkies yellows, is it for development or a source of food for the local community (illegal netting stories or made legal) because i really cant see anyother reason

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    I though that the first page explained quite nicely the aims of the survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    hi Dlampert,
    i saw this last week and was hesitant in giving info. it looks legit, even a real prof name to boost but, why a study sterkies yellows, is it for development or a source of food for the local community (illegal netting stories or made legal) because i really cant see anyother reason
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    johannesburg
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I though that the first page explained quite nicely the aims of the survey.
    indeed, tourism, sounds like a holiday inn plans in the pipe line

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    hi Dlampert,
    i saw this last week and was hesitant in giving info. it looks legit, even a real prof name to boost but, why a study sterkies yellows, is it for development or a source of food for the local community (illegal netting stories or made legal) because i really cant see anyother reason
    Hi Dollar, Gijs is an Associate Professor of Geography at UJ, a good friend of mine, an excellent flyfisherman and he has the best interests of the flyfishing community at heart. His PhD had something to do with flyfishing (can't remember what exactly) and this is research that he is doing for another paper. It is to do with conservation, economics and the profile of fly fishers. I can get more info from him about it if you like?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

    Reap the Whirlwind - WM

    Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,399
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    indeed, tourism, sounds like a holiday inn plans in the pipe line
    Hi Dollar

    One of the reasons so many people in the flyfishing community have endorsed the research is because we trust Gijs integrity as both an academic and a flyfisherman. I would never have promoted the survey if I didn't trust him, his opinion and that fact that i know he has Sterkies best interests at heart.

    Cheers

    Jade
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •