Thread: Fly tying lamp

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Default Fly tying lamp

Hi guys
    I trying to upgrade my fly tying lamp and have been struggling to find a reasonably priced lamp that provides adequate lighting. Any suggestions? What are my options without braking the bank.

Thanks
    Stan

Stanton, the best at the moment, is one of those new generation LED lamps. there are some serious options nowadays..
    Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Hi guys
    I trying to upgrade my fly tying lamp and have been struggling to find a reasonably priced lamp that provides adequate lighting. Any suggestions? What are my options without braking the bank.

Thanks
    Stan
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks Andre. Give me some options? Where can I get hold of them?

Stanton I use two fluorescent lamps as I find them less directional compared to the LED ones I have tried. Mine have the magnifiers although I have never used them. I got them years ago from Cape Watchmakers.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Go to any one of those lighting superstores, like Eagle lighting and look at those goose neck , LED bedside reading lamps.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I have one of these
    http://www.made.com/frosini-wall-lig...tainless-steel

Mine is mounted on a piece of wood that comes out from the wall and I pull it down to the vise. direct above the hook.
    With the strongest of the energy saver globes.

you do not have the standing base on your fly tying desk area

Found a photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Korrie; 05-11-15 at 03:51 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

My neighbour is quite handy with electronics, and has fitted his whole house with LED strips and the like that runs from electric gate batteries. I've asked him to make me a LED cluster light that I plan to fit into some nice wooden bits. It charges from 220V - so will allow you to tie even when Eskom does their usual thing. Once finished I will post pics.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Cool guys. I'll investigate and report back.

image.jpg
    My light