Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Good eating fish?

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Hahahahaha! That's how i feel Kevin!
    I have to agree, chowing a carp, for what...

A good bream and a nice fresh largemouth bass, done deal...and Gerrits Largemouth Yellow Lollies, hmmmm hmmmm hmmmmmmmmm
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I have to agree, chowing a carp, for what...
    Yup...the only way Im ever going to eat a carp, is if I was forced to by an ISIS terrorist with a bang belt, and a bad attitude. There some things that people just shouldn't do... heck man... how would I eat a fish that Im not even prepared to touch....no yuk ...sorry Korrie.:biggrin:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

If you have the urge to eat any fresh water bottom feeding fish i would avoid unless you catch it and can keep it alive on the trip home, when home fill a bucket with water chuck small amount of salt in there and leave for two days... it needs to shit out all its crap first,you need to purge it and allow the mud to pass through its sytem... after that follow Kevins suggestions...
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    If you have the urge to eat any fresh water bottom feeding fish i would avoid unless you catch it and can keep it alive on the trip home, when home fill a bucket with water chuck small amount of salt in there and leave for two days... it needs to shit out all its crap first,you need to purge it and allow the mud to pass through its sytem... after that follow Kevins suggestions...
    Or you could save your self the time and effort and buy a nice piece of meat, tastes much better anyway :biggrin::biggrin:
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Or go up to the EP and fish for your supper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Or you could save your self the time and effort and buy a nice piece of meat, tastes much better anyway :biggrin::biggrin:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Or go up to the EP and fish for your supper.
    Why go all the way up there when you can get them from Junction pool?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Ya but those ones taste like poo from the hatchery.....and depending on what has gone over the side of the mountain at any given time, also diesel. besides, its not nice eating your lunch with big lorries going over your head every few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Why go all the way up there when you can get them from Junction pool?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3