Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Latest net #140

Default Latest net #140

My latest net and the 1st of a new range that I am calling the “Sensaina hana” range. Translated it means “delicate flower”. While making this net, it was consciously made thinner, lighter and with a few additional radiuses and curves than most others nets I make. As the net started taking shape, the vision of a blooming flower came to mind, with the handle representing the stalk, and the hoop emerging from it as the blooming flower would. A Wild Olive inlay was added that represents the seed from which the flower grew, but which functionally becomes a lanyard cavity. Dimensions are as follows:

Total length: 590mm
    Hoop/Gape length: 330mm
    Hoop/Gape width: 220mm
    Construction: Bamboo and Guajuvira with a Wild Olive lanyard cavity inlay.

sensai1.jpg sensai3.jpg sensai2.jpg
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

A beautiful net Mario. Well done. Selling?

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    My latest net and the 1st of a new range that I am calling the “Sensaina hana” range. Translated it means “delicate flower”. While making this net, it was consciously made thinner, lighter and with a few additional radiuses and curves than most others nets I make. As the net started taking shape, the vision of a blooming flower came to mind, with the handle representing the stalk, and the hoop emerging from it as the blooming flower would. A Wild Olive inlay was added that represents the seed from which the flower grew, but which functionally becomes a lanyard cavity. Dimensions are as follows:

Total length: 590mm
    Hoop/Gape length: 330mm
    Hoop/Gape width: 220mm
    Construction: Bamboo and Guajuvira with a Wild Olive lanyard cavity inlay.

sensai1.jpg sensai3.jpg sensai2.jpg
    Lovely, I love the wood grain and colours or tones, epic MG...just like I taught you...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Nice work Mario!
    What surface finish do you like ??
    Charles Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_981 View Post
    A beautiful net Mario. Well done. Selling?
    Thanks Sam, already sold - was just showing off/bragging/generating content

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Lovely, I love the wood grain and colours or tones, epic MG...just like I taught you...
    Thanks Julian - it's not Kiaat though

Quote Originally Posted by CTHOMAS View Post
    Nice work Mario! What surface finish do you like ??
    Thanks CThomas - I prefer mostly satin finish on the nets. The process is quite time consuming. 1st rubbed with raw linseed, left for a couple of days, rubbed down with Benzine. Then dipped in varnish (special mix), sanded down, dipped again, sanded and polished, then either satin final coat PU or rubbed with raw linseed again.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario, your nets are flippin awesome... You might be a fat ugly irritating @sshole....ha ha ha :biggrin: but credit where its due. Gotta hand it to you mate.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Mario, your nets are flippin awesome... You might be a fat ugly irritating @sshole....ha ha ha :biggrin: but credit where its due. Gotta hand it to you mate.
    Thanks André. Probably something like kortmannetjie sindroom. Because I'm so ugly and fat I'm making delicate little things that are beautiful Or at least, trying to.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Ha ha.. yeah possibly.....we all have to compensate somehow....I compensate for my stupidity, by pretending to know everything....:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks André. Probably something like kortmannetjie sindroom. Because I'm so ugly and fat I'm making delicate little things that are beautiful Or at least, trying to.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Bwahaha! Mooi net Mario!

Mario, always impressed with your work. Got to see one of your nets in the flesh at Richard's place this weekend and the pic do not do them justice. Was also very surprised at how light the net was but still an extremely solid piece of workmanship.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast