Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Days one Night

Default 2 Days one Night

Hi Guys

You are probably so gatvol of getting these by now but this is the only place that I know of to ask this questions and get honest answers.
    Scenario:
    Wife and kids away for weekend things changed and I have an opportunity to get to the vaal river.

Question
    I am one guy looking for a spot where I could go and do some well deserved Fly fishing in the vaal
    I do not want to be in the thick of a 100 people stepping on me when I turn around in the water.
    I do not need any amenities as it will be only me, my rod and a small tent for one night. And what I bring I take with again.

Is there any place I can go that is not to commercial or even private.
    Around
    Your opinion in this matter will be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by lippy350; 09-12-15 at 01:37 PM.

Eendekuil will be perfect for this.

They have a shower and a bathroom available and allow camping

Thanks so much
    I had a look and it seems like a very good place to go visit. Any other suggestions are still welcome

Eastco.
    Did many Nymphing Master Classes there.
    Good fishing water, lovely camp site, clean, neat.
    They have the main house to rent,(which I normally rent) chalets, covered spots for caravans, lots of trees for shade camping
    You can pitch your tent away from the crowds The bottom down stream corner of the property, I will recommend, under the trees, or the upstream boundary.
    Speak to Susan. 0833792872
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Probably best to look at a venue that isn't too private , due to safety.
    Eendekuil is a good option. Vaal Hackle is a good one also.
    Good luck, let us know what you find, and how it goes.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for your interest on this.
    I have chosen to go to Eendekuil as it seems the most secluded camping I could have and the biggest reason is that there are a myriad of options to fish during the day. If I am lucky to catch I will post some pics of them. Not too sure how to take the pics while I am alone but will figure something out.

Picture on your own are easy....klap the fish on the head so it stops that irritating wriggle...then boga it in the mouth, hang it with your left hand, and click the camera with your right hand. Then toss it back into the water....
    No seriously, if you have a good net, you can take as long as you need to get the camera ready while the fish is still in the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by lippy350 View Post
    Hi Guys

Thank you so much for your interest on this.
    I have chosen to go to Eendekuil as it seems the most secluded camping I could have and the biggest reason is that there are a myriad of options to fish during the day. If I am lucky to catch I will post some pics of them. Not too sure how to take the pics while I am alone but will figure something out.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

You can carry a tripod if you want knows someone that does.

Carry a tri pod while wading the Vaal... ????
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    You can carry a tripod if you want knows someone that does.

Whaha hey each to their own on the what the carry around. There are serious discussions on what is right and wrong and how to take the perfect picture.

I say that what ever you do just enjoy it.

Not to sure on smacking the fish on the head though is that not frowned upon ?

I normally turn it on its back and that sometimes work but not always.

This brings me to my next question. because this will be my first time that I will be able to fish the evening rise. I would like to try my hand in a bit of dry fly. I am not too sure what I should use for this time of year though.
    You are probably gathering that I have been away from the water a lot because of work and I want to make the most of it if I can.

I am thinking of these DDD, Peterburgh, Parachute adams, Klinkhammer.
    But I have no idea of what sizes to use and if the water clarity will affect it.

I do tie myself but will not have time to tie them thus I will have to be able to buy them.

Please advise on this.
    Last edited by lippy350; 10-12-15 at 10:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast