Thread: Inflatable boat for Vaal....

Default Inflatable boat for Vaal....

Hi Guys

After being taken for a trip on the Vaal with a Ark Fishduc I have really had my idea of a days fishing on the Vaal changed a lot. So much so that I really want to get my boat. I have done quite a bit of reading on this on the site, and want to say thanks for contribution of the guys previously.
    The first question is to buy new or used. I see mainly Fishducs for sale second hand.
    Things I know for sure,
    • Boat and accessories need to fit into boat of a car
    • Will get an trolling motor first maybe an outboard in the future

Should I wait for second hand deal? The boat prices drop up to 50% from new ones but you don’t have the warranty if you buy second hand. Is this a game changer? How much does it cost to repair the inflatables? If I buy new I can get exactly the boat I want (fishduc v Otter , etc) and to the spec I want (Inflatable floor etc.)

I still need answers for a lot of questions but what I guess this is the starting point. Thanks for replays in advance

I have had a look at the following threads, they are old but do have some good info……

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...e-Boat-Opinion
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...-on-vaal-craft

Cheers

Ivann

Ivann, my fishduc you guys went on I bought second hand. So for me it was a good option.

If the seams haven't split, the rest you can repair yourself. I repaired those cuts in the bottom of my boat myself and its probably now been more than 2 years since the repairs and they still look perfect. I also did some repairs to the valves.

But I have heard that if you leave it in the sun for months and the seams go, then you are screwed. So thats a problem for buying second hand.

Im sold on the fishduc for fishing the vaal.

Cheers
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Big 2nd market if you don't have the cash or don't like 2nd things buy new. They will charge you labour costs per hour I have my boats checked once a year. Or do it yourself but it can be tricky....and sticky Ark uses a new glue can't remember the name which works pretty well for punctures and so on. Seams I dunno might be a problem?

I have tried most inflatables on the Vaal from herons, to arcs to rubberducks to float tubes to my current one phone me if you need more info. Also check out the boats from MCT MOnster Carp Tackle lyk nogals belowend plus gevestig in Pretoria nes PTA Yamaha.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 10-12-15 at 11:55 AM.

Kool to find out you are Yella. The fishduc seems to make sense. I am open to second hand or new. Value for money you spend is the issue for me. New does have its adavantages.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Ivann, my fishduc you guys went on I bought second hand. So for me it was a good option.

If the seams haven't split, the rest you can repair yourself. I repaired those cuts in the bottom of my boat myself and its probably now been more than 2 years since the repairs and they still look perfect. I also did some repairs to the valves.

But I have heard that if you leave it in the sun for months and the seams go, then you are screwed. So thats a problem for buying second hand.

Im sold on the fishduc for fishing the vaal.

Cheers