Thread: Line identification help.

Default Line identification help.

I got a 9wt sinking line 2 years ago when I stated fly fishing and it was for Tigers. Problem is I was new to the sport and I don't have the spool it came on and have no idea what the sink rate is, or what the line is.
    All I can say is it's dark chocolate for the fist 10m and bright orange the rest. I got it from Frontier if that narrows it down a bit.

Is does have writing on the line but I can't decider it. Maybe it makes sense to someone here.
    The ^ is actually an upward facing arrow.
    The v is a downward facing arrow on the actual line.

|21 ^R SA MS SE 350 GR Tv

Sci anglers streamer express 350 grain tip?
    Check your knots!

Thanks Jock.
    I eventually figured out the alpha codes but how can I tell the sink rate?

Does the 21 mean anything?

I think this might be the line with the extra fast sinking tip. If my memory serves me its somewhere between 8 and 12 IPS on the tip the running line section has a slower sink rate.
    Don't use this line to count down to a depth, its unreliable, and not really designed for accurate depth fishing. Its a fast sinker and designed to get the line out and down as quick as possible. If its the same one that I have, its a brilliant tiger fish line.
    Last edited by Andre; 28-12-15 at 09:22 AM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks. Was just wondering how fast it would sink. The 21 just seemed like a number but almost irrelevant.

Will be using it in the surf and estuary here on the north coast, so just needed an idea of how fast it sank.