Thread: A good month of fishing

Default A good month of fishing

It has been a good month of fishing for me, both on the fly and light spinning tackle.

1. Started off in Southern Oman, where I got my PB Shad on fly off the beach.
    Also picked up some nice wave garrick...tried for permit, but conditions were terrible so no shots made.

2. Fished Lake St. Bernard's for 3 days. Was very hot and so fishing was slow, but did manage my PB Trout - 7 lbs, beautiful Cock fish, pink flanks, etc. Took forever to revive - must have been to tough conditions.

3. Fished Tofinho, Mozambique for 2 days. Got a small GT on spoon, and lost a beast on the fly - straightened my clouser gamakatsu hook with consummate ease.

4. Fished Cape Vidal for 2 days, picked up some small blue-fin trevallies and shad, always fun on the 8 wt - light blue over white clousers were used.

Been trying for two hours to upload pics, but keeps crashing...

Beefy
    Back to work tomorrow...

Matty - great to hear you getting into a few mate!

Keep trying to upload pictures - love to see what you're doing.
    Try downsizing the actual file size - I've had major issues in the past on this board too trying to load pictures and the system just throws a tantrum.

Will touch base.

Sounds like you had a great month! Im heading to Tofinho in April, any tips for getting some success there? Will also take a spinning and drop shot rig
    "Only when the last tree has died,and the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed

Jealous bud! Well done
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

spending a month in one place is ok (for me that is) but travelling to far places makes it that more exciting and enjoyable, jealous and green with envy.

Hey boet, ja, head south past Tofinho and walk along the beaches and rock ledges. Saw a massive GT surfing waves, and lots of other fish in the surf break of Tofinho. Also, fish over the reefs and rock piles, where there are definitely fish available. The place is stunning, locals friendly, beer cheap, and if you fish hard you will be rewarded I am sure!!!

Beefy,

Where are the photos?

I am moving from the Persian Gulf to the Red Sea side of Saudi for the last 3.5 months of my contract.

Think I will have to take my 10wt and 12wt along to the Red Sea...
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Beefy,

Where are the photos?

I am moving from the Persian Gulf to the Red Sea side of Saudi for the last 3.5 months of my contract.

Think I will have to take my 10wt and 12wt along to the Red Sea...
    The Red Sea is cracking!!! You will smash it there - a mate of mine, Hylton lewis, was working there and he was catching every species imaginable...