Thread: Waders

Default Waders

Question to the wise fisherman amongst you. Planning on going to Rhodes early August, will I need waders? Have the boots and booties but it might be cold in the water.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Plentipotential View Post
    Question to the wise fisherman amongst you. Planning on going to Rhodes early August, will I need waders? Have the boots and booties but it might be cold in the water.

Cheers
    Rhodes can be pretty cold all through the year, and expecting all 4 seasons in a day is not too ridiculous. If you can afford to get waders then do - always better to have and be prepared than not.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks Mario

I have found a pair of Stealth waist high waders at Mias, breathable, fit on the waist is good and room in the legs to wear pants underneath which are priced at R 1700.00, sounds reasonable. Now all I have to do is go fishing more often to justify all this gear!

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Plentipotential View Post
    Thanks Mario

I have found a pair of Stealth waist high waders at Mias, breathable, fit on the waist is good and room in the legs to wear pants underneath which are priced at R 1700.00, sounds reasonable. Now all I have to do is go fishing more often to justify all this gear!

Many thanks.
    Bargain. Instead of pants, maybe look at wearing a good pair of thermal type tights that can wick away any moisture from your skin. There are good options at Mr Price Sport.

Let's hope we have running streams and increased fish numbers by August!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett