Thread: xplorer eclipse #002 - sbs service

Default xplorer eclipse #002 - sbs service

1.jpg
    tools for the job, corrosion x for moving metal parts, reel x for bearings, star and flat screw drivers, in the yellow tub i have yamaha marine blue grease, in the white round tub some kingfisher drag grease, paint brushes for applying the grease, #8 socket, tooth brush for cleaning, two empty tubs (one for cleaning and other for oiling, ear buds, degreaser and paper towel for drying.
    DSC_0567.jpg
    seperate the spool from the frame assyembly and screw out the drag knob screw
    DSC_0568.JPG
    the drag knob upside down, you'll should find a click pin with a spring, remove it along with the o-ring and drop them into the cleaning tub
    DSC_0570.jpg
    remove the push plate
    the following i've lost, damn, under the push plate you have three push pins that need to be remove, see reference on the fourth last pic.
    DSC_0572.JPG
    remove the main shaft nut and star washer with the #8 socket the push the main shaft thru
    DSC_0573.jpg
    once the main shaft has popped out, be caqrefull not to miss the another click pin with spring. the main shaft with the drag washer housing can now be dessembled
    DSC_0577.JPG
    this i didnt like, the cork drag was glue to the steel washer, maybe the manufacturer thought it fall out when fishing.
    DSC_0578.jpg
    drag line - steel washer, cork disk, plastic washer (this too was glued to the drag housing), a small washer and main shaft
    DSC_0579.JPG
    remove the reel foot by unscrewing the two screws
    DSC_0580.jpg
    now to the spool, remove the spool knob, because there is a o-ring under there is no need to pull hard or try jiga jiga until it pops out
    DSC_0581.jpg
    once the knob has been pulled out, you'll notice a small outter bearing (sealed), remove the bearing clip first then the bearing
    DSC_0583.jpg
    turn the spool around and remove the one way bearing
    DSC_0584.jpg
    with the ar bearing out, proceed to pull the inner bearing (sealed)
    DSC_0585.JPG
    now remove the spool handle knob, dont stress, lucky the spool has many holes to fit a star screw driver, remove also the counter weight
    DSC_0586.JPG
    handle assembly - screw, washer/spacer, handle rivet and plastic handle. counter weight under (sometimes i think this should be place with another handle)
    DSC_0587.JPG
    during the operation i through almost everything into the wash tub so that i dont loose anything. i now spray the de-greaser and grab the tooth paste for a good wash, i remove as much as i can even inbetween the srew threads
    DSC_0588.jpg
    once finshed, remove the parts onto a paper towel to dry
    DSC_0589.JPG
    the outter and inner bearing, surprised to see the bearings were able to unclip for a good clean
    DSC_0590.JPG
    the ar-bearing takes a dunk aswell, this item will be replaced in the near future, one can see the rust on the plastic housing
    DSC_0591.jpg
    the ar-bearing drying out, dont know if you can see, some of the bearings showing wear
    DSC_0592.jpg
    back to the frame assembly, the star washer has done some damage, why i ask the manufacture, surely they could of used some friendly washer.
    DSC_0595.JPG
    the main nut has issues, poorly manufactured
    DSC_0596.jpg
    had no option but to pull out the sanding paper and fix the nut as new, notice to the right of my finger a chunk of thread from the nut, yeh nuts!
    DSC_0597.jpg
    after removing the goo (glue) from the drag housing i painted the yamaha grease on
    DSC_0599.JPG
    yamaha grease to the main shaft
    DSC_0600.jpg
    kingfisher drag gease onto the cork and to the steel and plastic washers
    DSC_0601.jpg
    grease the inner side of the reel frame
    DSC_0603.jpg
    slide the main shaft through the frame assembly, add star washer and nut, do not tighten yet (to align the spool with the frame later)
    DSC_0604.JPG
    damn, lost another pic sorry, here i oiled the bearing housing with corrosion x, applied with a ear bud.
    DSC_0605.JPG
    fit the outter bearing and clip
    DSC_0606.jpg
    corrosion x to inner bearing housing
    DSC_0607.jpg
    inner bearing pushed in
    DSC_0608.jpg
    ar- bearing fitted, i took note in the begining how this bearing was fitted and replaced it the same. this bearing allows for left handed people by turning it around
    DSC_0609.jpg
    dust cap fitted
    DSC_0610.jpg
    o-ring slided in position
    DSC_0611.jpg
    cap fitted, jiga jiga the cap on and make sure you havent pushed the o-ring from its position
    DSC_0612.jpg
    slide the complete spool onto the main shaft
    DSC_0613.JPG
    tighten the spool on the frame assembly then tighten the main shaft nut, you will notice the spool doesnt sit properly onto the frame, loosen the nut and re-tighten but this time hold both frame and spool into positision, might that you three or four times to get this right, another fault by maunfacturer.
    DSC_0614.jpg
    once you happy with spool aligment, its time for the three push pins
    DSC_0615.jpg
    throw over the push plate and complete the drag knob assembly with o-ring and push pin (click pin)
    DSC_0616.jpg
    fit the handle and counter weight onto spool
    DSC_0617.jpg
    last item to be added, the reel foot then its fish time. with the job complete, the reel was as smooth as hell, thanks to the nice oils/grease i used
    i tried to find the schematic diagram for this reel on the net with no luck, i have emailed xplorer for assistance, as soon as i have received it i will post it here.
    Last edited by dollar; 20-02-16 at 02:28 AM.

thanks to John Geils from Jandi Trading for sending us the eclipse schematics
    eclipse exploded view.jpg

Sorry for the hijack. Do you maybe have schematics for the guide iii reel?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

have a buddy coming thru tonight with a copy, will post asap

eish what a hangover,
    sorry Bulkcarrier, unfortunately he couldn't find it but did have a look at my reel and he thinks the mechanics are about the same. contact xplorer on their website and they will forward you the schematic