Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calling all Sage tarts

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Nick, to answer your question (with another one). Sage never made a #2 XP rod in 4-pieces - they started with a 386. Unless it is the 2-piece version??

Anyway, I think the rod would work fine with that reel, especially with a dry and some line out.
    Hi Mario its a 2 piece XP, From Derek Smith.. I even found the thread http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...ht=Derek+smith
    Last edited by nicholas; 07-03-16 at 12:47 PM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Hi Mario its a 2 piece XP, From Derek Smith.. I even found the thread http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...ht=Derek+smith
    I remember that now - and again, for what you will use it for (I assume dry fly with a bit of line out - proper casting etc.) the reel should be very good.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yep, its just for holding the line after all
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3