Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Sage tarts

Default Calling all Sage tarts

Ok got your attention, I am looking at buying a 2230 sage reel for to match up to my Sage 2# XP, I see that its weighted 3/4 line on the website, anyone have any thoughts if this reel would work well on the 2#..
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Sage Rocks!!!

#FallsIntoTrapOfRespondingToHeadingNotMessage
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I remember a couple years back this type of question would have been debated for days. .. anyone have an opinion

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Nick, the 2230 is a 3-4 wt as you say, I don't think its ieal for a 2wt. It will work, but there are better reels for the 2wt XP. Perhaps go lighter. It doesn't have to be a Sage, there are lots of good reels out there.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I remember a couple years back this type of question would have been debated for days. .. anyone have an opinion

A few years back buying a new Sage product wouldn't have been a discussion for 1%ers only but double the exchange rate and shoot the economy in the head and you hear..........crickets

Ohhh no sage debates on here a few years back were stuff of legends.. but I agree on the economy...

James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Nick, the 2230 is a 3-4 wt as you say, I don't think its ieal for a 2wt. It will work, but there are better reels for the 2wt XP. Perhaps go lighter. It doesn't have to be a Sage, there are lots of good reels out there.
    Yes I though that but it only weighs 4.9oz ��

Last edited by nicholas; 07-03-16 at 10:52 AM.
    James Boswell.

Yis guys totally agree...was so busy bass fishing again the last two years I lost track of whats happening in the fly world....my gat gewip with the harsh weather down in the lowveld...got back to cooler dwellings with the flyrod....what a blessing...but then stocking up a little once more left me flat on my back with some retail prices holy cr@p....reality shock....Some TFO retail prices are entering Gloomis territory of 2 years back...don't even talk about the reels oh my gosh
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Sage 2230 new is R1900 am I mad but I think that's a fair price 😨😨

James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Sage Rocks!!!

#FallsIntoTrapOfRespondingToHeadingNotMessage
    Please would the moderators step in here please?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast