Thread: Shilton CR3 for saltwater

Default Shilton CR3 for saltwater

Does anyone use their CR3 in saltwater? It looks as if they are pretty saltwater proof, so don't see why not?

I'm off to Christmas Island again next year and was keen to use one for bonefish on a 6 weight rod. Most the bones are small between 2-5lb.

Some guys even use #5 outfits there.

No-one? Site seems to be rather inactive these days.

There are several theories as to why the site seems to be quite inactive, but my thought are that as soon as you talk about a piece of tackle, or the condition of the river, or voice an opinion, some self appointed moderator who forgot to pull the carrot out, comes on and blames you for chasing everyone away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    No-one? Site seems to be rather inactive these days.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    There are several theories as to why the site seems to be quite inactive, but my thought are that as soon as you talk about a piece of tackle, or the condition of the river, or voice an opinion, some self appointed moderator who forgot to pull the carrot out, comes on and blames you for chasing everyone away.
    I think most people just wait for you to disagree with them and then give the "right" answer
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Ha Ha Mario.....you know what they say about opinions.......?
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I think most people just wait for you to disagree with them and then give the "right" answer
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ha Ha Mario.....you know what they say about opinions.......?
    Exactly, that why I raised mine here
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett