Thread: Hi, I am new

Default Hi, I am new

Good day. I am a very eager 14year old fly fisherman from Tzaneen. The "fly-gogga" bit me big time. I however do not know much and hound my dad that knows just as much about this as me for answers. He just gave up and said join a forum. Here I am

I tie my own flies but have no idea if they are even remotely close to what I will need and wether they will even work. Every person that is not a fish says they look awesome. But what do they know

I have some awesome waters(Broederstroom, Dap Naude, Stanford Lake etc) to fish in the Haenertsburg Magoebaskloof area. Does however not help much if you do not have a clue how or where to start

I fish with a Horizon MRS 9'0" #5, Air Cel #5 floating line. Had a nice 4piece grey that split in half after a fall in the Politsi river.

Thanks in advance.

welcome RuanHK, nice to meet you

Welcome from one Noob to a another.

Lots of "Sage"old gents here

Welcome! I am a total noob too! Here are some very knowledgeable people here and I have learnt allot but still need to learn lots!

Welcome welcome, to check if your flies are on the right track just take a look at the fly tying section. Some great step by steps that will definitely get you started. Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Leonardo

Welcome. Post some flies
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali