Thread: 3-4 weight floating running line needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 3-4 weight floating running line needed

Good day fellow anglers,

I am in need of a 3-4 weight floating running line. If anyone has an old line that is not needed anymore, I will gladly buy the running line from you. Furthermore, if anyone has a small diameter floating running line somewhere, please call me or PM/message and I will arrange payment.

Anyone with some Amnesia line somewhere?

Kind regards,
    Pierre

Confused... by "running line", do you mean a 3 or 4wt line that you can attach a shooting head to? I didn't know that they were available in such light weights.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I think he means the back section of a normal floating line.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

many moons ago, we used to take the normal braid, that you would use for making braided loops and inserted normal monofilament and use that as running line for saltwater shooting or lead core shooting heads.
    An idea if you do not come right
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    many moons ago, we used to take the normal braid, that you would use for making braided loops and inserted normal monofilament and use that as running line for saltwater shooting or lead core shooting heads.
    An idea if you do not come right
    Yes, it is an idea. The only problem is that I have to continue dressing the line to ensure it floats as the mono ''absorb'' water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly-o-holic View Post
    Yes, it is an idea. The only problem is that I have to continue dressing the line to ensure it floats as the mono ''absorb'' water.
    maybe try it with floro? I know fluro is more dence but will not absorb water, maybe test with small section? see if you dress it if it floats...

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Confused... by "running line", do you mean a 3 or 4wt line that you can attach a shooting head to? I didn't know that they were available in such light weights.
    Hi Andre,
    Exactly that. I find that the current running line that I use for my switch line is too heavy and I sacrifice too much distance. The other problem is that all the running lines off the shelf are either too thick (diameter) or sinking.