Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bow fishing

Ha ha..probably one of those "dual identity" trolls, trying to liven up the forum.:biggrin:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

As long as you practice "SAR"

Shoot and release
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

You must dip your arrows in Rotenone, you catch (kill) rate should dramatically increase!

Happy fishing (killing)
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

My apologies I did not realise the rivers are catch and release. The fishermen at.the weir pool had a couple of fish and according to them you keep the fish. They said that all the trout had to be taken out of the river according to what they have read in the newspapers. According to some fishers i have spoke to thaey all agree with that. Pluss you need to cull or take some fish otherwise the rivers will have to many small fish

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Pluss you need to cull or take some fish otherwise the rivers will have to many small fish

Not with our breeding rates hey.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Clearly you didn't read the signs at the parking area. If you had , you would know that you need a permit to be in the reserve, a fishing permit, and you would know the rules..... Theres no excuse for dumb ignorance, when all the info you need is quite clearly signposted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    My apologies I did not realise the rivers are catch and release. The fishermen at.the weir pool had a couple of fish and according to them you keep the fish. They said that all the trout had to be taken out of the river according to what they have read in the newspapers. According to some fishers i have spoke to thaey all agree with that. Pluss you need to cull or take some fish otherwise the rivers will have to many small fish

Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Sorry. I spoke to people that where fishing and they told me it is fine. They fish on a regular basis. They say that trout is an invasive species and will be taken out with poison and before it is all poisoned we can rather cath them and eat them. I started.reading the flyfish mags.that i got from an old friend and there it says the trout is over populated and that is why the fish is so small in a river called Bell river

I do not see how 1 or 2 fish will make a big difference if other people have 3 or 4 on a regular basis?

If every person takes 1 or 2 there will be NO FISH LEFT IN THE RIVER!!!
    Rather come and fish with one of the CPS members and see how the fish are treated with respect.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Bowhunter there is carp in your area and a worthy fish to hunt with bow. trout are only worthy with a bow from a fly rod, this will be true if you give it a go.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast