Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good venues in the Dullstroom area

Post Good venues in the Dullstroom area

Good afternoon gents and ladies!

I was wondering if someone can recommend some good fishing venues in the Dullstroom region. Any venues which actually do stock their dams frequently? Besides good fishing in general, I do need a pet friendly establishment too. We're planning a possible trip for the second weekend in August.

Your recommendations are appreciated!

Regards,
    Alwyn

Has anyone fished Field & Stream near Dullstroom before? Looks like a decent place?

Try Inyamazane near, the Belfast turn off
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Thanks Shamwari. Had a look at their website and read very good reviews on the internet. Seems like a great venue. I have however came accross another option, Little Troutbeck. Apparently a suburb fly fishing venue? Anyone able to comment on this too?
    It seems like my decision will either be Inyamazane or Little Troutbeck....

Thanks for the input!

Hi Alwyn,

Little trout beck was awesome when I fished it a year or so back but the recent two trips I had there this year was poor. I have hear that a lot of people are complaining about the recent state of most dams in the dullstroom area, the drought apparently killed of a lot of fish because the dams are not too deep. I would suggest you go to the FOSAF website and read the recent updates there before deciding on where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Hi Alwyn,

Little trout beck was awesome when I fished it a year or so back but the recent two trips I had there this year was poor. I have hear that a lot of people are complaining about the recent state of most dams in the dullstroom area, the drought apparently killed of a lot of fish because the dams are not too deep. I would suggest you go to the FOSAF website and read the recent updates there before deciding on where to go.
    That doesn't sound too good
    I will have a look at FOSAF's website just now, thanks for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn777 View Post
    Has anyone fished Field & Stream near Dullstroom before? Looks like a decent place?
    Very nice venue, fishing can be tough but awesome place!

Otherwise stay near to Dullstroom somewhere like Field and Stream and fish the Laverpa waters (make sure you book through Mavungana).
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Hi James

Have you been to Little Troutbeck recently?

If fishing is poor, I'll day trip to Laverpa perhaps. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was last at little troutbeck in July 2015. Fishing was pants.

Mavungana can also get you access to hiddendale and Santa both of which were fishing very well in the last few months with Santa being my favourite currently.
    Check your knots!

Thanks JockO, will consider them too!
    Really thought that Little Troutbeck was a good venue (according to reviews etc.). Guess the new management do not stock as well anymore and that the drought had its effects.
    So I guess I'll stay there but fish some of Mavungana's waters then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast