Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Custom Tied Flies

Hi Gerrit,

Dit is aluminium dumbells wat ek 'n groot klomp van gekry het 'n ruk terug al. Ek weet nie hoe beskikbaar dit deesdae is nie.

A client going to Tasmania requested some Yabbies, with hook point up. After some research on the net I thought Fishients' rusty olive Sculpting Fiber is a great colour. I am sure with some tweaks here and there the fly will fool some grunter and bass locally.

Tied on a Ahrex Shrimp Nordic Salt hook #6.

#16 Tiemco Spear-point. Currently "No Name" nymph, between a Copper John, Squassie and Brassie, PTN and Soft hackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Winelands Fly Fishing View Post
    #16 Tiemco Spear-point. Currently "No Name" nymph, between a Copper John, Squassie and Brassie, PTN and Soft hackle.

Hi Phillip, I will try it on Friday when I come through, if I catch a fish then we can call it the "bloody miracle fly" OR BMF see you Friday.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Haha Nic, Coolios. We have stocked 60 more kilos yesterday, so you should catch

Have had a look at some real caddis pupae and I am not sure if a curved style caddis hook is always the right hook to use for an ascending/hatching pupa. Also the abdomen often is more bulbous towards the back (hook bend), added some lead around the hook bend. Would like to get input from those who have more experience. Really itch to do a Orange rive yellows trip. Some Cream Caddis Pupa #12.

[CENTER]

those look great WFF but if bulkiness bothers you, dont add the lead ( i never use weight for emerging patterns) and it can further help by stripping a few fibers (by pinch stripping) the bottom bit before twisting and wrapping.

Phillip
    most of the time on the rock the caddis is straight
    But when in the water, some of the caddis nymphs will move with a almost with an "inch worm" movement. And in a semi circle as well with the inchworm movement
    (when you have your finger straight and bend it at the first joint)
    Different species do it different.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3