Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhodes info sept trip

Hi just wanted to give you guys some feedback on our trip last week, water looked good but not many fish around especially higher up, fished the rifelspruit and managed one fish under the bridge otherwise not much luck. Went to donnybrook the next day on the kraai, water looks good and could see lots of yellows flashing in the deeper runs, but only one hook-up which snapped my leader knot , otherwise was a great trip and will have to go back when the rivers have recovered a bit. p.s house at orlando's lair was great perfect central spot to fish the valley, and the farmer gave us some great skilpaadjies.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maxwink View Post
    Hi just wanted to give you guys some feedback on our trip last week, water looked good but not many fish around especially higher up, fished the rifelspruit and managed one fish under the bridge otherwise not much luck. Went to donnybrook the next day on the kraai, water looks good and could see lots of yellows flashing in the deeper runs, but only one hook-up which snapped my leader knot , otherwise was a great trip and will have to go back when the rivers have recovered a bit. p.s house at orlando's lair was great perfect central spot to fish the valley, and the farmer gave us some great skilpaadjies.
    Sorry to hear about the lost yellow. We caught quite a few in the 2 days we fished - the rest of the time the wind was just too hectic and we chilled on the farm. I fished 6X on an Epic #4 and 5X on my Carbon #4.

Donnybrook is a great beat - I'm heading down to Witgeut (2 beats below) this coming weekend - hoping to find some bigger fish there.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12