Thread: Fly rod components in KZN?

Default Fly rod components in KZN?

Hi guys where can I get fly rod blanks, guides, reels seats etc in KZN? And any idea on what the costs will be? Thanks in advance.

Most of the guys who buy rod components, order from overseas. The costs are entirely related to the component that you choose and the brand that you go for.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan95 View Post
    Hi guys where can I get fly rod blanks, guides, reels seats etc in KZN? And any idea on what the costs will be? Thanks in advance.
    Basil Manning had some stuff a while ago, not sure if they still do. Best bet locally is Craig Thom from Stream-X in Cape Town. He is a Mudhole dealer and you can get pretty much anything that they have on their site via him. He does carry limited stock in shop as well - so give him a shout, maybe he has what you are looking for.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks for the fast feedback guys. I'll look it both options.