Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wading Boots... what choices are best?

Please never hike in mountains in felt-soled boots, it is too easy to slip on wet grass and fall off a cliff.

Thanks for all the info guys! Really appreciate it. Seems the Simms are the way to go thus far, the higher price tag may justify it.
    Julian, yeah my Albright lasted me very long too...that was great value for money. But same, they finally gave up on me early this year. And no longer available unfortunately.
    I wouldn't mind the Hogmans, however I see they only have to UKsize 10 here locally... no help as I am already a normal size 11 U.K. Shoe, and need it one size bigger to accommodate stocking foot waders. Boots that just fit are terrible, your feet take a pounding during the day.
    Seems the Simms is double the price of most other boots... but if they last me twice as long, then it's worth it.

I have snowbees, so far for 5 years. Still going but needed to repair the soles a few times (the last time I drove onto them with the car for pressure on the contact adhesive ... still holding)

Hi Michael, by simms- I've used mine for 3 years now , mainly for the vaal and they are in excellent condition - worth the spend

Trying something other than Simms for a change as I seem to wreck them very quickly. Got a pair of H3s. They are more comfortable than the Simms but the rubber soles are pretty useless on the Cape Streams. I am going to get them resoled with aquastealth and then they should be brilliant.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

I ended up getting the Hodgmans H3's (felt soles). After trying them on it seems the quality is very good. Plus Omar at Solly's Fourways gave me a good deal. Great service as always from those guys.
    I like the fact that the boots seem to accommodate my wide feet nicely, and everything is sturdy.
    Will see how it goes, and report back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2